Springs

Niles

Jim, that looks like an improvement, just not quite far enough, I was thinking that it should be 4 bags and no springs. On my semi trailers it is 2 bags that set over the each axle. Didn't check prices, am sure it is $$$, did not realize anyone made such a deal though.

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Thanks JIM for the link, however I was thinking of placement over the axles like the pacbrake setup for the trucks. The firestone bags are not big $$ and they have about 5 to 6 inches of travel. That would be a lot of side to side leveling. If the camp site is out of level by more then that, I would go to the next site or run up on some blocks. Would take some load off of the springs. The air is no problem, already have compressed air supply on the truck for the BIG air HORN. :D

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
It really is a great deal. The sale price is higher than regular price, need to wait till goes off sale......Kenny

Tom of Ypsi

It looks like the line runs through the 8 making it look like a 0 with the line through. If you look close at the old price you will notice the little indentations making it an 8. I did have to cheat and put on my reading classes.

Niles

There you go, Kenny, with the big sale price and free shipping. Just think of all that money you'll be saving:D. Seriously though I would bet they do make for a great ride on the trailer. They look just about like what I have on my Wilson hopper bottoms, I'm sure they aren't as heavy duty, although they look it and cost like it. We need someone to try a set out and see how they work anyone out there with a extra 8 grand willing?None

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
There you go, Kenny, with the big sale price and free shipping. Just think of all that money you'll be saving:D. Seriously though I would bet they do make for a great ride on the trailer. They look just about like what I have on my Wilson hopper bottoms, I'm sure they aren't as heavy duty, although they look it and cost like it. We need someone to try a set out and see how they work anyone out there with a extra 8 grand willing?None

Golly did I walk cross-eyed into this one, after putting on my cheaters said ****. I don't think Kathy would appreciate me orderig these after just getting 5 new tires for the TV and a aux. tank/toolbox. I would have to sleep with one eye open at night and by the way, Kathy ,I love you dear.:D.....Kenny

truknutt

Committed Member
Golly did I walk cross-eyed into this one, after putting on my cheaters said ****. I don't think Kathy would appreciate me orderig these after just getting 5 new tires for the TV and a aux. tank/toolbox. I would have to sleep with one eye open at night and by the way, Kathy ,I love you dear.:D.....Kenny

What brand tank/box did you settle on?