SRE4000 on Road Warrior RW415

robk

I have a 2013 RW415 that we purchased last summer. We're very happy with the rig, but the ride could use a little improvement. It really doesn't like concrete pavement with any kind of defect, expansion joints, etc. I'm considering the MORryde SRE4000 in hopes of seeing an improvement. It looks like the rig currently has the Dexter E-Z Flex triple system, and at least one of the rubber donuts is deteriorating. To be honest, I can't see how the E-Z Flex absorbs much road shock compared to the SRE4000. Has anybody done this upgrade? How does the SRE4000 compare to the E-Z Flex.

Power-Stroke

I have a 2013 RW415 that we purchased last summer. We're very happy with the rig, but the ride could use a little improvement. It really doesn't like concrete pavement with any kind of defect, expansion joints, etc. I'm considering the MORryde SRE4000 in hopes of seeing an improvement. It looks like the rig currently has the Dexter E-Z Flex triple system, and at least one of the rubber donuts is deteriorating. To be honest, I can't see how the E-Z Flex absorbs much road shock compared to the SRE4000. Has anybody done this upgrade? How does the SRE4000 compare to the E-Z Flex.

Robk..... I have a 2016 Cyclone 4200 and had MOrryde install the LRE4000 (and disc brakes). This is similar to the SRE suspension system. Short answer.... yes, it makes a difference. You can certainly tell when going over rough spots on our nation's great interstate system, railroad tracks, etc. The factory components look anemic when compared to the MORryde components. I have no regrets with the investment after towing about 10K miles.

Here's a link to my experience if you care to review. Please let me know if you have additional, detailed questions.
https://heartlandowners.org/showthr...nk-account-(pic-heavy)?highlight=power-stroke

Jay

Last edited:

robk

Thanks. That's what I'm looking for, some first hand knowledge. The SRE400 would be almost $1,000 on my triple axle. I really want to be sure it will substantially improve the ride before I drop that kind of cash.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I noticed Heartland is putting MorRyde CRE-3000 suspension on some 2017 rigs now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alwaysbusy

Robk,
I recently got a quote from MorRYDE for installation of the SRE 4000 on our triple for $1,832 including taxes. This was with upgraded wet bolt kit, extra needed crossmember and triple kit. I can purchase the parts for $1,258. I've been back and forth whether to do myself given the easy installation or just have them do it.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Been think of adding this along with wet bolts to our BH. All reviews have been positive but several have indicated an increased ride height. Not looking to change my height. Anyone that's had them installed experience an increase in overall height???

robk

I don't have a problem doing the installation. It looks pretty simple and I'm pretty handy (cheap too!). But a grand + aint chump change. I just want to make sure I'm going to get $1200 worth of improvement in the ride.

robk

Robk..... I have a 2016 Cyclone 4200 and had MOrryde install the LRE4000 (and disc brakes). This is similar to the SRE suspension system. Short answer.... yes, it makes a difference. You can certainly tell when going over rough spots on our nation's great interstate system, railroad tracks, etc. The factory components look anemic when compared to the MORryde components. I have no regrets with the investment after towing about 10K miles.

Here's a link to my experience if you care to review. Please let me know if you have additional, detailed questions.
https://heartlandowners.org/showthr...nk-account-(pic-heavy)?highlight=power-stroke

Jay

Any idea what kind of suspension links were there originally? Just curious if they were solid links or something like the E-Z Flex.

Dennyha

I am also planning to do a SRE4000 upgrade on my Cyclone. I have dual axles, so I can get away a little cheaper.

Last year, I did the wet bolt upgrade. I'm planning to upgrade to the SRE4000 system, and may opt to do the installation myself, but I need to be sure I'm getting the right parts for my unit. Would I need brass bushings to replace the ones that I don't expect I'll be able to remove?

Power-Stroke

Any idea what kind of suspension links were there originally? Just curious if they were solid links or something like the E-Z Flex.

Our 4200 had the Ez-Flex suspension from the factory.

Jay

- - - Updated - - -

Been think of adding this along with wet bolts to our BH. All reviews have been positive but several have indicated an increased ride height. Not looking to change my height. Anyone that's had them installed experience an increase in overall height???

I can't speak to your specific situation with your BH, but I can tell you that I did not experience any increase in ride height. My starting height was 13'6" before work began, so increasing height (even by 1/2") was not an option. The only scenarios that I am aware of that increased ride height were related to the independent suspension installation. I'm sure each installation has it's own unique nuances.

Good luck with your decision. I am confident you not be disappointed with anything MORryde makes.

Jay

Power-Stroke

I don't have a problem doing the installation. It looks pretty simple and I'm pretty handy (cheap too!). But a grand + aint chump change. I just want to make sure I'm going to get $1200 worth of improvement in the ride.

Robk.....
I completely understand your point of view. I would hate to think about all of the hours I spent researching (and second guessing) this decision. I'm sure MORryde was also tired of seeing my name on their caller ID (they were always patient while answering my questions). It's also safe to say that my wife was tired of hearing me talk about it.

After the fact, I can tell you that this investment was well worth it to us.... in terms of ride improvement, reduced beating the 4200 takes going down the road and frankly, peace of mind. I was shocked to see what I perceive as low quality factory suspension components that came off my 4200, especially given the amount of weight that is riding on these components. There is no comparison (in my humble opinion) between MORryde components and factory components. The factory components looked "just good enough" while the MORryde components look to be over engineered. (Note: That's not to say factory components will not last a lifetime.)

Good luck with your decision making process. If you're ever near Charlotte, NC, you're welcome to take a look at the suspension on our 4200.

Jay

robk

Robk.....
I completely understand your point of view. I would hate to think about all of the hours I spent researching (and second guessing) this decision. I'm sure MORryde was also tired of seeing my name on their caller ID (they were always patient while answering my questions). It's also safe to say that my wife was tired of hearing me talk about it.

After the fact, I can tell you that this investment was well worth it to us.... in terms of ride improvement, reduced beating the 4200 takes going down the road and frankly, peace of mind. I was shocked to see what I perceive as low quality factory suspension components that came off my 4200, especially given the amount of weight that is riding on these components. There is no comparison (in my humble opinion) between MORryde components and factory components. The factory components looked "just good enough" while the MORryde components look to be over engineered. (Note: That's not to say factory components will not last a lifetime.)

Good luck with your decision making process. If you're ever near Charlotte, NC, you're welcome to take a look at the suspension on our 4200.

Jay

Thanks. I really appreciate your comments.

alwaysbusy

MorRYDE claims it will not raise our unit more than 1 inch; however, I have read where others increased a few inches.

travelin2

robk

Yeah, any rise in height is a showstopper. It already makes me nervous going under power lines on back roads. I'll be sure to measure three times before making the leap. I guess it depend on the types of links your replacing.

travelin2

My previous post about raising the height wasn't the only one I found. I'm in a conundrum!!!