ST tires for 3055RL

geeksrus

Texasturtle said:
My wife and I have a new 3400 Bighorn and love it....in the first month traveled from Dallas to Yellowstone, Tetons, etc. We lost air on one tire and took it to the ONLY place I can say for sure deals with real RV trailer tires. A simple fix on a small nail hole and we were on our way in 30 minutes. (no charge)

Take your rig down to Discount Tires (we deal at the Lewisville, hwy 3040 store) and talk to them. For our first two rigs (this is our third) I could find the ST tires only at Discount and put a LOT of miles on them.

Hope this help.....

What tires did you have Discount install? brand & size?

Thanks EH!

svd

Jim,
Yes, that is the size I had installed. I believe the distance between the new tires is 2.5 inches. I purchased them at Discount Tire store.

azbound

svd said:
Jim,
Yes, that is the size I had installed. I believe the distance between the new tires is 2.5 inches. I purchased them at Discount Tire store.

Discount tire store is that the name of the store? In Calif. we have American Tire and the same company is named Discount Tires In arizona. Could you be refferring to the same store?

azbound
Gary

geeksrus

When I went to an American Tire store in the Portland OR area, they told me that they would sell me Michelin XPS's but wouldn't install them as the tread pattern wasn't appropriate for trailers... caused too much sway.

More confused than normal!:confused::eek:

EH!

azbound

Thanks, I bought new tireslast year and after much price shopping found the best price at American tire and the people were nice to deal with.

azbound
Gary

jimtoo

I just had 4 XPS Rib Michelin tires installed on our Bighorn 3055RL. I have only pulled it about 500 miles, 300 on two lane roads, and I think it is much more stable than with the Chinese tires.

Needless to say the peace of mind of just knowing that I have quality MADE IN AMERICA tires is worth a whole lot.

Jim

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Also notice more stability

Jim, when I switch to the Good Year G614 tire I, too, notice more stability, smoother cornering and braking. I may move to a Landmark and it will not leave the dealer without the Good Year tires under it. Happy Camping.

Did you get what you ordered

azbound said:
todalake,

I recently ordered a BH 3400RL with upgraded 7000lbs axel and G rated tires. The dealer didn't bat an eye and confirmed with the area Heartland rep. that this was doable. My BH is scheduled to come out of Elkhart Nov.21 with delivery in 3/5 days. Be interesting to see what shows up.

azbound

Gary and JB

Hi did you get what you ordered as I am looking at the same unit.I am also woried about the axeles and the tires and was happy to see that Heartland is willing to upgrade. What brand of tire did it show up with and were they Chinese. Thank you Sonny...It would be appreciated if you post as I am curious.Thanks... sonnymensies@hotmail.com