stabilizer jacks

jimtoo

You might have better results if you take your motor to a repair shop. There are some still around and if you check you phone book you could maybe find a small shop in your area and get it repaired faster, cheaper and be better than a new one. Still some Mom and Pop shops around.

Jim M

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Tom Weber on this forum had his motor fail.
He calld Lippert and they wanted something like $500. He then called Heartland Parts and they were like $400.
He then called one of the RV salvage places and bought the entire stabilzer set up for $250.
Go figure.
I suggest that you look at one of the salvage places.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Tom Weber on this forum had his motor fail.
He calld Lippert and they wanted something like $500. He then called Heartland Parts and they were like $400.
He then called one of the RV salvage places and bought the entire stabilzer set up for $250.
Go figure.
I suggest that you look at one of the salvage places.

Peace
Dave

I knew I'd seen astronomical prices for that PoC motor before. Hence the "in-house" repairs.

kellyboy

I am new to this site. I want to post a new thread but I can't find where to start a new thread. And I know that I started this one. I stumbled onto the Post New thread button somewhere but now I can't navigate back to it. Please help

thanks

jnbhobe

I am new to this site. I want to post a new thread but I can't find where to start a new thread. And I know that I started this one. I stumbled onto the Post New thread button somewhere but now I can't navigate back to it. Please help

thanks

Go to the forum tab and pick the topic you want to post in, click thread starter in the upper left corner and you all set to go.

pegmikef

Jimtoo mentioned using a repair shop. . .

We have such a place here in San Angelo and a friend with an SOB had his main slide motor repair. The shop actually repairs and/or rebuilds only DC motors and most of their business are things like alternators and starter motors. They said sometimes it can be hard to get parts for specialized RV motors, but more often than not they can repair it with generic parts (e.g., brushes, etc.). Anyway they charged him around a hundred bucks, took them three hours, and they told him it should last another five years. We have another shop in town I have used, but they only work on a/c motors. I guess it is common to specialize in d/c or a/c motors.