Steadyfast - Trailer Stabilization System

WBG

WBGavin
Hi,

Has anyone installed the Steadyfast Trailer stabilization system?

I am considering purchasing one to eliminate the constant motion one senses when someone else walks around in the rig.

We have a 5th wheel, Bighorn 3560 (38') and the constant rocking motion I feel (especially when I am trying to sleep) when someone else is walking around drives me nuts.

This system is permanently installed and deploys automatically when the six point automatic leveling system is deployed. On has only to tighten two "WING NUTS" to secure the system once it has deployed.

They have a web site www.steadyfst.com which explains how their system works.

Any thoughts would be greatly be appreciated.

WBG

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Many people have installed the Steadfast System and now enjoy a more stable rig.
Don't forget to loosen the wing nuts before retracting the landing gear.

Peace
Dave

theroes

We bought the system for the greystone plus the extra big feet. It works good sometimes and sometimes its OK. It depends on the ground that you are parked on. I have tried all configurations of boards, no boards, ETC. Would i buy again not sure if it was worth the $350 Just my two cents.

JeromyS

Just had my setup delivered last week. Thinking about trying to man handle install maybe this week or next on top of my 6 point level-up system. Not exactly sure if I can put the feet that comes with it on the front pads, but I'll figure it out somehow. Will report back on my experience once complete.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We installed Steadyfast a number of years ago. Worked well immediately. Over time, we still have some "wiggles", most noticeable in the slideouts, but I think it's more tied to the surface we are on-- cement slab = less wiggles.

Only thing to remember is to loosen the large "wing nuts" before lowering or raising the jacks.

Over time, road grime/salt can make these "wing nuts" hard to turn. We periodically spray with dry lube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WBG

WBGavin
Greetings All,

Thanks to all for your great input. It really helps with my decision. They have a sale which ends today that cuts the price down to $269, so will have to make a decision soon.

WBG

We installed Steadyfast a number of years ago. Worked well immediately. Over time, we still have some "wiggles", most noticeable in the slideouts, but I think it's more tied to the surface we are on-- cement slab = less wiggles.

Only thing to remember is to loosen the large "wing nuts" before lowering or raising the jacks.

Over time, road grime/salt can make these "wing nuts" hard to turn. We periodically spray with dry lube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeromyS

Well Steady-fast system is now installed. Took about a day in total (2 half days). I'll say that if you plan on installing them yourself it's worth it to get the 5/16 coarse tap to tap out the holes and not rely on the self tapping screws they send with you. As far as the 6 point leveling system, I was going to bolt the steady-fast feed under the 6 point leveling feet, however the 6 point leveling feet were too large and I would have had to cut them. So I opted to replace the retaining screws with some flat head kind and drill / counter-sink the 6 point leveling foot plate instead (it's plenty thick).

Pictures of the result:
rear door side:
used two of the feet here to attach to my rear electric stabilizers
WP_20141005_13_04_55_Pro.jpgWP_20141005_13_05_03_Pro.jpg

front off-door side:
Ended up trimming the ears of the wing-nut so that I could keep the bar forward enough to not have to move the G116 spare tire.
WP_20141005_13_05_33_Pro.jpg

Front door side:
Kept the attachment point 5 feet back to match the attach point on the off-door side
WP_20141005_13_06_05_Pro.jpg

Front view:
WP_20141005_13_06_24_Pro.jpg

View of the 6-point leveling foot attachment:
WP_20141005_13_05_50_Pro.jpg

I'll say that I started by watching stevewatr's YouTube video's on his personal install of this system. That gave me confidence that I was more than capable of installing this system.
Links to his 5 part video series on his install:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

This was a fun install and the result afterwards was amazing. I dare say that the trailer shake is almost entirely gone. Going out for a 4 day camping trip this coming weekend and will report back with my experience really putting them to punishment of 6 people + 6 dogs in the coach.

WBG

WBGavin
Jeromy,

Thank you so much for your comprehensive installation guide. With your great pictures and tips, I just may be able install it myself.

Heartland owners are absolutely the best!!!

WBG

Well Steady-fast system is now installed. Took about a day in total (2 half days). I'll say that if you plan on installing them yourself it's worth it to get the 5/16 coarse tap to tap out the holes and not rely on the self tapping screws they send with you. As far as the 6 point leveling system, I was going to bolt the steady-fast feed under the 6 point leveling feet, however the 6 point leveling feet were too large and I would have had to cut them. So I opted to replace the retaining screws with some flat head kind and drill / counter-sink the 6 point leveling foot plate instead (it's plenty thick).

Pictures of the result:
rear door side:
used two of the feet here to attach to my rear electric stabilizers
View attachment 32349View attachment 32350

front off-door side:
Ended up trimming the ears of the wing-nut so that I could keep the bar forward enough to not have to move the G116 spare tire.
View attachment 32351

Front door side:
Kept the attachment point 5 feet back to match the attach point on the off-door side
View attachment 32352

Front view:
View attachment 32353

View of the 6-point leveling foot attachment:
View attachment 32354

I'll say that I started by watching stevewatr's YouTube video's on his personal install of this system. That gave me confidence that I was more than capable of installing this system.
Links to his 5 part video series on his install:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

This was a fun install and the result afterwards was amazing. I dare say that the trailer shake is almost entirely gone. Going out for a 4 day camping trip this coming weekend and will report back with my experience really putting them to punishment of 6 people + 6 dogs in the coach.

Boca_Shuffles

If you look at the steady fast website and their ordering options, you'll find an option for automatic leveling systems. I believe it doesn't supply the feet, but supplies an attachment adapter to bolt the arm to the foot of the leveling system. This eliminates having to drill through the foot pad.

I think also provides a little longer arms.

Look through the web photos, to the last set, which shows the level up application.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

WBG

WBGavin
Thanks Tom,

From what I was able to see, they recommend that you weld the bolt to the top of the landing pad, as an alternative to drilling a hole in the foot plate. Will look again, just to be sure.

WBG

If you look at the steady fast website and their ordering options, you'll find an option for automatic leveling systems. I believe it doesn't supply the feet, but supplies an attachment adapter to bolt the arm to the foot of the leveling system. This eliminates having to drill through the foot pad.

I think also provides a little longer arms.

Look through the web photos, to the last set, which shows the level up application.

Boca_Shuffles

Thanks, WBG, looks that I was wrong about the connector. I'll have to investigate further.

JeromyS

I've used the system a few times and Love it. I must say you really have to remember to unscrew the wing-nuts prior to raising or lowering your landing gear (oops). That being said I've had no problem with the drill and countersunk bolts which I used. I can see if you have welding equipment available to you I can see how that would be a much better option. The only thing I noticed is that with my front landing gear kicked out at an angle (I have 6 point auto-leveling system) is that the angles especially on off-door front stabilizer flexes in about 4" and with the bolt the mounting point can pivot slightly. Anyhow I highly recommend these for folks with an automatic leveling system. No pre-loading of the joints required and rock solid in no time.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We added it to a 6 point leveling system on our Bighorn...we removed the feet from the levelers and took to a weld shop and had the attachments welded to the top of the feet...

ChangingPlaces

We fitted them when we fitted the 6 point leveling kit. they work very well in conjunction with the leveling kit, but yes you have to undu them first when lifting the legs.
I have considered getting a sign made to remind me to lift them, I have lifted them a few times without unduing them, not a good thing to do.
Very happy with the way they work.