Step Ladder for Trucks

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
And have you noticed that with the step down, the flap out, it makes a perfect seat for tailgating - and there is a flat spot for either lefty's or righty's to park their favorite beverage on the tailgate?

Don't you be using all those red solo cups without us!

Urban350

And have you noticed that with the step down, the flap out, it makes a perfect seat for tailgating - and there is a flat spot for either lefty's or righty's to park their favorite beverage on the tailgate?

I like your way of thinking!

ricatic

Done the milk crate...done the add on step...have the Ford Man Step with Mini-Stripper Pole now...It was one of the must have options when I bought my 2011 Ford. I use it all the time. It was a feature I was going to miss when I dump the Ford...but now I see there is a solution...manufacturer is close to home as well...

Regards

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I measured the height to the open tail gate and it's 38". So, when I talk again with the Step Daddy folks, I'll be sure to mention that. If an extra long extension or additional step is advised, then I'll look into it.

Unless the rig is on the hitch, my bed is covered, so having a bumper step is not of any value to me. With the rig on, I can still climb up on a tire and work the hitch release lever. Or I might just take my little step ladder and keep it in the rig, just for that.

Another huge vote for FORD and the Man-Step. At first Ithought it was a ridiculous idea, until I tried it out when buying my truck.WOW, what a selling point for Ford (next to their new design and new dieselengine!).<o:p></o:p>

Speedy

John, Here are a couple of photos of the StepDaddy installed on my GMC. As you can see in the photos I'm at full extention but I don't have to use blocks or anything even while parked above the curb.

Attachments

• P4130052.JPG
    P4130052.JPG
    574.8 KB · Views: 25
  • P4130053.JPG
    P4130053.JPG
    551.4 KB · Views: 30

porthole

Retired
I can still climb up on a tire and work the hitch release lever. Or I might just take my little step ladder and keep it in the rig, just for that.

"Bully Step" for the side access

Attachments

• D70_1219.JPG
    D70_1219.JPG
    334.5 KB · Views: 26
  • D70_1221.JPG
    D70_1221.JPG
    366.8 KB · Views: 27

porthole

Retired
I've seen those and was going to buy until I read the box. "Not for use with GM Duallies". It may have something to do with mounting??

Ray, there is the same disclaimer with the ford DRW. But with the Ford it is with the pre-2011 style fenders, which are longer, like the GM and Dodge.
Some of these steps mount on the forward bed cross member, which in our case make it about useless.

For me I just looked closely at the truck and thought it would work. Ordered and had to do one small mod to make i work.
Far as I know, I was the first customer to try it on the new Ford, and I tried using that with Bully to get a freebie for the other side. Didn't work. Although they did say thanks for being the tester.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I use the custom made "3 step Jump" way to get into the bed of my truck. I take 3 running steps and jump up into the bed. It works very well. It works for any truck model and make, takes up no room in the bed and is easy to install. It also can be adapted to work on the side of the bed. 3 steps, up onto the the tire and into the bed. Works everytime.

jimtoo

I use the custom made "3 step Jump" way to get into the bed of my truck. I take 3 running steps and jump up into the bed. It works very well. It works for any truck model and make, takes up no room in the bed and is easy to install. It also can be adapted to work on the side of the bed. 3 steps, up onto the the tire and into the bed. Works everytime.

Here in George West, TX, we have a story telling festival every year. It also includes the "Texas State Championship Liars Contest". Would you please attend next year? :)

Link to George West Storyfest.

Jim M

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
First time that young whippersnapper smacks his shin on the edge of the tail gate, he'll be screaming a different tune. I can still do a jump up onto the gate, but when you're loading/unloading stuff, it gets old. And that shin smack will hurt for at least a week. DAMHIKT.

John (Speedy) thanks for the photos. That helps. The videos they show are GMC trucks, and as for weight, if that little cutie in the video can pick it up, I'm pretty sure I can too.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Here in George West, TX, we have a story telling festival every year. It also includes the "Texas State Championship Liars Contest". Would you please attend next year? :)

Link to George West Storyfest.

Jim M

Wow, your telling me that you've never seen anyone take a few steps back and put their hands on the tailgate and jump up into the bed of a truck. Some of us folks up here in poorville can't afford those fancy ladders and we have to get up and down the old fashion way.

porthole

Retired
Wow, your telling me that you've never seen anyone take a few steps back and put their hands on the tailgate and jump up into the bed of a truck. Some of us folks up here in poorville can't afford those fancy ladders and we have to get up and down the old fashion way.

I used to do that all the time, probably still could if I thought about it long enough. Although the the more i think about the less likely I am to try it :cool: