Step light question?

twilliams

I just bought a landmark 365, Ashland. Brought it home, plugged it in, can't figure out how to control the light under the steps? Is there a switch somewhere I am missing?
twilliams

danemayer

Hi twilliams,

Congratulations on the new Landmark 365 and welcome to posting on the Heartland Owners Forum.

I think the light under the steps is controlled by a small rocker switch inside, near the entry door. There may be 2 small switches; one for night lights and the other for the steps.

jbeletti

On my Ashland, there is an unmarked switch for the step light in the switch panel area, to the right of the main switch panel.

That said, there were some early produced (Q1-2015) Ashlands that were missing the switch altogether. If this ends up being the case on your unit, you will need to have a dealer add this as a warranty item. Not a big job at all - just a nuisance for you.

Let us know what you find out.

twilliams

I checked again and can not find a switch. Nothing close to the door and no unmarked toggle switches near the switch panel. Mine may be one of those that does not have the switch?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
On our 2015 Prowler, there are two small switches just inside of the entrance door on the face plate of the bottom inside step to the upstairs bedroom.

One does the light just above the entrance door inside of the trailer . . . the other does the outside under-the-step light.

TobyMak

My 2015 Big Country has a switch in the bottom cabinet next to the DC fuse panel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I checked again and can not find a switch. Nothing close to the door and no unmarked toggle switches near the switch panel. Mine may be one of those that does not have the switch?

Hi T

Our 2015 Ashland has only a rocker arm switch behind the Electrical panel door. One only switch by itself. It was unmarked as well. Spotted the light, took me me long enough to figure it how it worked, on our first or second shakedown.

Shawn

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We had a mystery switch (looked like a household light switch with a fancy wall plate) on the wall just over the kitchen counter in our old 1978 Coachman Cadet 24 travel trailer.

Owned that trailer for 12 years and never did figure out what it went to.

I told everyone it was for the garbage disposal . . . :cool:

CampSite-P9030033.jpg