Strobing lights

Wanderers

We have a 2019 3760 Big Horn. The LED under cabinet lights to the right and the left of the microwave are stropping. Can anyone direct me to an easy repair?

Bogie

Don't know what type of lights you have, but if they are like mine and are turned on independently of each other, I would check the voltage to be sure they are being supplied with 12 volts.

Did anyone install a dimmer on those lights? Though I have never heard of this being an issue with a DC dimmer, it can occur in an AC circuit with a dimmer that is incompatible with LED lights.

jerryjay11

Are they strobing as you say or are they flickering and ready to fail. I have replaced most of my interior lights because they began to flicker and eventually failed. The LED's they installed from the factory are pretty cheap.

jmarnell

I have replaced two of our ceiling lights that started flickering. They were very easy to replace. Found the replacement lights on etrailer.com for just under $15 each.

Matt750

We have a ‘19 CY 4007. One of our bedroom lights started flickering a while back. I took the cover off of the light and found the manufacturer (Command Electronics in ours) and model number. I sent an email to them explaining that we don’t fill time in this rig and have only camped in it “xx” number of nights. They promptly emailed me back and asked what year the rig is, pictures of the light, etc. Then, they asked how many lights I had total (all lights including the ones with the switch in the middle of the light). They sent me all new lights. I’m thinking they might’ve had a bad batch. I’ll just replace them as they start to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a light in our 2019 Mallard M27, above the bed and it is strobbing. How do I remove the cover or the light fixture? I tried turning them but they do not turn.

j23m

We have a ‘19 CY 4007. One of our bedroom lights started flickering a while back. I took the cover off of the light and found the manufacturer (Command Electronics in ours) and model number. I sent an email to them explaining that we don’t fill time in this rig and have only camped in it “xx” number of nights. They promptly emailed me back and asked what year the rig is, pictures of the light, etc. Then, they asked how many lights I had total (all lights including the ones with the switch in the middle of the light). They sent me all new lights. I’m thinking they might’ve had a bad batch. I’ll just replace them as they start to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Please explain how you took the cover off?

Matt750

The cover literally pops off. If you look at the lens (cover that snaps on the actual led light, it will most likely have a slot cut in it. You can get a small flat blade screw driver in there and gently pry it off (the way mine are anyway).

Attachments

• E342C6CD-A369-4D55-AA5B-1006B5E64417.jpeg
    E342C6CD-A369-4D55-AA5B-1006B5E64417.jpeg
    457.2 KB · Views: 13
  • FE3363E7-762E-4D07-914B-D59331421A45.jpeg
    FE3363E7-762E-4D07-914B-D59331421A45.jpeg
    626.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 109BF7BE-4939-4567-864D-A31EA42FAB9F.jpeg
    109BF7BE-4939-4567-864D-A31EA42FAB9F.jpeg
    681.5 KB · Views: 13

rwdennis

how do you replace the lights like the pic above ? no connector , i pulled on wires hoping to see a splice/connector but get nothing ,only thing i see is white and black wires soldered to the light .

wdk450

how do you replace the lights like the pic above ? no connector , i pulled on wires hoping to see a splice/connector but get nothing ,only thing i see is white and black wires soldered to the light .
Cut the old wires as near to the old light as you can. Splice in the new wires from the new fixture using small wire nuts or other electrical connectors. If you are using LED lights, the lights won't work if the polarity is wired backwards, but it will cause no harm (D in LED is for diode. Conducts and makes light when polarity is right: just doesn't conduct if polarity is backwards).