Strong Arms

Dahillbilly

Wondering if the Strong Arms are worth the money when installed on a 40' 5th wheel toyhauler. Has anyone installed them & seen a difference in the rocking of their 5th wheel?

NYSUPstater

They did on our '06 Cedar Creek! Didn't have the 6pt, but knew another couple that had a CC w/ 6pt and they said it def helped as well. Now we have a '18 BC 3560SS w/ 6pt and it was wiggle to it, but ok. I think what we as RVer's are finding out (hence your question) is that many have the 6pt and IMO, I think the the reason we feel a lot of wiggle is due to the rearward most legs are right behind the rear axle, thus LOT more feet behind them to rear of coach which creates the EXTRA wiggle. If either the rear legs OR an add'l set of legs were further back, that would reduce things a lot. Hmmmmmmmm, a RV w/ 8pt level up???

Dahillbilly

They did on our '06 Cedar Creek! Didn't have the 6pt, but knew another couple that had a CC w/ 6pt and they said it def helped as well. Now we have a '18 BC 3560SS w/ 6pt and it was wiggle to it, but ok. I think what we as RVer's are finding out (hence your question) is that many have the 6pt and IMO, I think the the reason we feel a lot of wiggle is due to the rearward most legs are right behind the rear axle, thus LOT more feet behind them to rear of coach which creates the EXTRA wiggle. If either the rear legs OR an add'l set of legs were further back, that would reduce things a lot. Hmmmmmmmm, a RV w/ 8pt level up???
all we have is the landing gear & set of stabilizers at the very rear. You bring up a good point, another set of jacks near the axles might work just as well

NYSUPstater

Our CC was just like yours, landing legs and rear stabilizers (crank down. Installed them myself but had to have a metal plate welded to rear frame for the rear JT's. Once all was done, DEF helped in reducing the wiggle of the coach (36' long). new RV is 41' w/ no rear stabs, just the 6pt w/ the rear ones being directly behind the rear axle. Only true way and kinda impractical unless set up permanently is to get the tires off the ground. But for everyday, weekend jaunts, the JT's are VERY good in what they do.

jaktwo

We have a 38’ Oakmont and they helped a great deal. Last year we started using the Anderson trailer jack blocks ( the buckets that go under each of the 6 leveling jacks). Those helped more than anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk