Suburban h/w tank replacement

Bobby A

Well, after 6 years of full time use my water heater finally bit the dust. Went in to my basement yesterday evening and found a hugh puddle of water. After removing everything in the basement and drying everything I started looking for the source. All the pex fittings were good, I had already changed the plastic check valve to brass, at this point my assumptions was correct. The water was coming from under the tank itself. I have a good mobile tech that came right over on Monday morning, we removed the tank and sure enough there was a hole in the bottom of the tank. I had already called several RV dealerships and parts places and no one had my 12 gal tank. My mobile tech had a connection to get one and I drove 2 hour round trip to pick it up for him was he did a couple more service calls while I was retrieving a new tank. These tanks are not cheap, I flush the tank several time a year and always keep a good anode rod in it. The moral of this story for all you folks that keep a lot of stuf in your basement, I would of never known it was leaking if my basement was full of stuf, I always keep a little area open so I can see if I have any water leaks. I really am amazed of this product lasting so long with full time use. So folks, drain your water heaters and flush out the setiment a few times a year and keep an open area in your basement floor so you can see if any water leaks appear . JMHO Bobby A

Bones

nice to know it lasted a good long bit. I might want to change mine to an instant one if it gets to that point. Ours may last longer maybe since we don't full time.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Bobby, I also had to replace mine this summer. Same issue, huge puddle of water. I ordered mine on Amazon with prime gave me free 2 day shipping at $455.00.

guyc66

Well, after 6 years of full time use my water heater finally bit the dust........I really am amazed of this product lasting so long with full time use.....
Six years is not bad, but I was hoping they (Suburban) would last longer. I had a 10 gallon Atwood in my last 5er and it managed to last thru 10 years of full time use before it started leaking. Oh well, I will keep my fingers crossed.

Bobby A

Bobby, I also had to replace mine this summer. Same issue, huge puddle of water. I ordered mine on Amazon with prime gave me free 2 day shipping at $455.00.

Hi Michael & Kelly,
Yes, I did see that on Amazon, I did not wanna wait 2 days if I didn't have to, it was worth the extra $100.00 for me to get it done same day. I hope you found your leak quickly to not damage that new floor you put in a couple years back ??

Save travels buddy,
Bobby A