Suburban hot water heater element

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
There is probably no better town in the US of A to be in for RV repair than Elkhart, Indiana . . . :cool:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I meant the terminals that connect to the element.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roller4tan

there are two thermostats, one for gas and one for 120v. there are under a black boot as well. they should be checked.

Bobby A

there are two thermostats, one for gas and one for 120v. there are under a black boot as well. they should be checked.

Yes I did see that in the troubleshooting guide late last night, the electric side is the left side, wonder how expensive that part is ?? if not to bad I can just change it. Is it easy to swap out ??
How do you do it ??

Thank you,

Bobby A

Well, it was the HI-Limit Thermostat for the electric side that went bad, I bought one at camping World and R&Rd it, and now I have HOT HOT water !! 130 degrees !! It is the left side one under that black boot. The troubleshooting guide was a little confusing and maybe misleading in regards to what side it was. It is diffently the left side that is electric and the right side is propane. I accidently left the pressure relief valve open and water must of gotten behind the boot and maybe fried the thermostat. After putting the new one in and making sure I had hot water I put a small bead of silicone along the black boot to keep water out just in case I do it again. Thanks for everyones help.
Safe travels everyone,
Bobby A

danemayer

It is the left side one under that black boot. The troubleshooting guide was a little confusing and maybe misleading in regards to what side it was. It is diffently the left side that is electric and the right side is propane.

Here's what the troubleshooting guide V1.3 says:
The left assembly is for the 110V circuit and the right is for the 12V circuit to the LP side of the water heater.

The early 2013 version had this reversed, but it was corrected 4 years ago. If you somehow managed to get a copy of V1.1, I'd appreciate knowing where you found it.

carl.swoyer

I just cleaned mine. Put it in a tall glass of distilled vinegar. It now looks like new. The growth of the white stuff can cause it too short out.
280aa50772c6865d9efd4123ea68629a.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk