Suggested camping at the Grand Canyon for 43' trailer

mxgirl

Can anyone suggest campgrounds for a long rig of 43' in the Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion, Yellowstone, and/or Missoula?

Thank you in advance.

Dloebrich

We are going to stay at Trailer Village on the south rim. They list spots for "short and long" RV's. I reserved a long spot ( I think they list long as over 28')
I am going to hope that works as we are just short of 44' plus the truck!

8amps

We stayed at Trailer Village at the Grand Canyon (South Rim) last year. We didn't have any problems and we are 40 feet. We did have to park the truck on the side however. Haven't stayed at the other parks.

Lynn1130

Try using Good Sams "plan a trip" section and enter those locations. You will get some good info on the sights available.

AKDallBH

If you are going to the south rim, you may want to consider staying in Williams, and just driving to the park for day trips. That is what we did. It is about 55 miles. There are three nice rv parjs in williams, all of which can handle a 40 ftr. We stayed at Railside RV Ranch, it was not as nice as Grand Canyon RV (which was full), but actually worked out better for our pets.

Plus in Williams there is a lot of route 66 stores and wider selection of restaurants.

Lynn1130

If you decide to stay in Williams (or near) and commute then consider the Circle Pines KOA just east of Williams and within a mile of the road to the Canyon. It is in the pines rather than a large asphalt parking lot like those in town. You are still within easy driving distance of Williams and the sights. If you eat out try Rod's steak house in Williams and Pine Country Restaurant has some great breakfasts. I have not had dinner there but understand those are good also. Also you might consider Bearazona (sp?) which is just south of I-40 at the same turn where you go north to the Canyon. It is a drivethru wild life area.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We stayed at Camper Village in Tusayan, AZ (the town right at the entrance to the South Rim) in January 2015 . . .

Nice campground, but had trouble trying to park the trailer anywhere near level before having to put the jacks under the trailer!

Plus, in January, they had the water shut off as they were worried about freezing, so had to fill the fresh water tank before we pulled into our campsite so we could take showers and such!

Plus, there was no TV reception over the antenna, and the cable TV channels provided by the campground were bad . . . almost non-watchable!

We did, however, enjoy being in town so that we had restaurants, gas stations, gift shops and other amenities close by, that we wouldn't have had if we had stayed at Trailer Village inside the Grand Canyon Park!

Trailer Village had restaurants and gift shops . . . but at a premium price since they were in the National Park!

All in all . . . we enjoyed our stay and am glad we spent the time there!

TruckAtGrandCanyon-IMG_3537.jpg

bobca1

Stayed in williams at Grand Canyon Railway RV 2 weeks ago and there would be no problem for a 43' rig in fact most of their spots are pull thru. You can drive or take their train to the park. If it's a busy time you can avoid the traffic and parking fiasco by taking the train. it's kinda pricey though, but we enjoyed it. For anyone that might be staying there if you are coming from the west ignore Google directions and take the main road, Google will try to send you through a narrow tunnel under train tracks.

bobca1

No I don't think anyone pulling a trailer would want to attempt to fit through there. I assume it is a common occurrence too because just as I was blocking traffic and trying to make a u-turn on that narrow 2-lane road guy behind me in a huge class A with a vehicle in tow appeared as well. He has to unhook his car also maneuver to u-turn. Odd thing is the road is labeled with camping signs saying to go this way!
When you exit the freeway, just turn right instead and head into Williams. When in downtown williams make a left to cross over the tracks to RV campground. Google probably tries to route you around the downtown area since you would avoid some extra stop signs and little traffic...

Did you make it threw the bridge area.