Suggestions to Repair Shock on Exterior Door

ksmith555

We have a 3110 Cyclone an have had a minor recurring problem with one of the exterior doors....the hinge/shock at the top of the door keeps coming loose. It's a shock that prevents the door from opening more than half way, as the hot water heater vent is right beside the door. Every trip we would have to tighten or replace the 3 screws holding it to the door frame.

When we dropped it off at the repair facility, (for a few minor issues before our warranty was up) they repaired it by replacing the screws with rivets. We thought problem was solved...until we got it home lol....a 30 minute drive and 2 of the 3 rivets were broken and again this thing is hanging!

Has anyone else had this issue? Have you been able to repair it permanently???? I've attached a photo...any suggestions appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_0066.jpg
    IMG_0066.jpg
    467.4 KB · Views: 52

TXTiger

I have a 2014 and do not have the door hinge like you. I do have a hook half way down from the top of the door that keeps the door open and the screws and hinge on the door were pulled off in the wind. I used a produce called J. B. Weld purchased at Lowes and it worked great to glue the hinge to the door.

ksmith555

Thanks for the suggestions...was wondering if this was a common problem, but we have only had the issue with one of the doors to date (knock on wood!)

ksmith555

Update on the repair...we opted to try the JB Weld along with some bigger screws, worked like a charm! Did the back door too as it had started to come loose as well. Thanks!

aatauses

If you continue to have problems this is what I helped on another brand. I went to a metal shop and got two pieces of flat stock, about 4-5 " long, drilled through both pieces along with the door piece, painted them and then placed one on the outside and one on the inside of the door, put it together with bolts, and lock washers through the door.
It worked fine
al
currently in Deadwood, SD