Sundance 275 RE XLT

3ares

I have a 2012 Sundance 275 RE XLT, at the rear of the fifth wheel is a pullout extension. Does anyone know what the capacity of this extension is?

jimtoo

HI 3ares,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I don't know the capacity of the pull out, but some of our other owners will jump in soon I'm sure with the information.

Jim M

Bogie

I have a 2011 245 XLT with a rear slide extension platform. Though I have never seen it in print, a Heartland factory rep happened to be there when I bought it. He told me the extension should not be loaded with over 300 lbs. Hope that helps.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Maybe the Sundance is different, but the slide outs on the North Trails are rated 200 lbs max... sticker on bumper when purchased.

Bogie

When I got home tonight, I decided to check to see if I could find anything in print regarding the recommended max weight on the rear pullout. The only thing I found was in the Lipert 2012-2013 catalog. Here is the link: http://www.lci1.com/catalog/catalog.pdf On page 92 they show a slide out extension and quote a limit of 200 lbs.

Even though mine is a 2011 model and I never plan to put that much on it, I would stick with what Invizatu and the quote in the Lipert catalog recommend.

3ares

THE SWITCH DOESWHAT? Next to the tank quantity gauges is an electrical switch that is labeled"FAN”, it lights up red when turned on. What is this switch for?

Bogie

I don't know if the switch you describe is the same as mine. I have a switch next to the tank monitor. It's a regular light switch (like in your home) and it lights up red when on. Mine turns on the electric element in the water heater when hooked up to shore power. Hope that helps.

danemayer

3ares,

A wall-type light switch that illuminates is probably for either the electric side of the water heater, or for tank heating pads (or Yeti option). The overhead 4-blade fan runs off 110V also and uses a wall-type switch, but perhaps not one that illuminates. If you don't have the overhead ceiling fan, it may just be prewiring in case you want to add one later.