Superglide 16K broken plastic plate

jt4doors

Hello, we just got a 2015 Bighorn 3570RS. Shake down trip went well, except our 2013 F-250 Diesel sits a little low in the back and the 16K super-glide hitch we have, lost the top plastic plate (spacer/shim). It cracked and 1/3 of it came completely out. I was told I could get by with the truck for a couple years with some air bags and maybe add a leaf. What do you think and any advice on the hitch...repair...replace??? Thanks, Jerry T.

rjr6150

jt4doors

Never use a lube plate with a PullRite Superglide. Go to the PullRite site or give them a call they can confirm this.

If if you would post a photo might be able to assis further. I will also PM you with my phone if you should have question on the PullRite.

Jv75353

Hi Jerry, even if your truck sits slightly lower doesn't your hitch head pivot sufficiently to remain in full contact with your trailers hitch without any binding? I have never heard of anyone having any binding or limited hitch head movement due to lower hitch height. You may just of had a faulty disc, they are typically very rugged. I would order a new disc and watch it on your next trip.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
If you have a Pullrite Superglide (sliding hitch) see this from the owners manual

"Plate seems dry – Can I use a Teflon pad?
No. The Trailer Plate does not allow for any extra space for a pad. Since the turning action is no longer at the king pin, you will have minimal friction. A light coating of WD-40 or a light oil is sufficient."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brianlajoie

When the manufacturers rep came out to help us a couple of years ago on a hitching issue we were having, he advised us to use WD40 on the rails, the two pivot points and the full spring mechanism under the head. I was also advised to use lithium grease on the plate as you "drive under" the plate mounted to the king pin to hitch up.​

WillyBill

IMHO a dry film moly spray is the best to lube the super glide hitch - all parts of it. It does not come off with water and does not collect dust, dirt, etc. Fel Pro products makes it among others. I actually buy mine at the Caterpillar parts counter. Be sure to turn the can upside down and clear the nozzle just like you do with a paint can after use.

WB.