Surge protector

jhardin

Question for you guys with the hardwired version....did you go for the remote monitor version? How helpful is the remote monitor? Worth the extra $61?
I chose not to get the monitor. I mounted mine on the basement wall,on door side near the top. I figured for $61 I could walk out door and look in basement. Besides mine has hardly ever tripped.

SNOKING

It's plain old 4 conductor phone wire with 4 pin ends. Ethernet is 8 pins, won't fit.

Yes but the 4 wires may not be pinned the same as a standard phone cable. I believe the installation instructions stated that.

It is nice to be able to watch line voltage at my switch panel installed in the cabinet across from the entry door. Many parks can have brown out conditions, which are not good for your electrical and electronic items.

Chris

Gary521

I am not absolutely positive but I believe that the wire is different ( perhaps shielded better )

SNOKING

I am not absolutely positive but I believe that the wire is different ( perhaps shielded better )
It looks just like a standard phone cable, however as I noted above I believe it is pinned differently. If you lay both ends end to end and the colors are in the same order it is a POTS (Plan Old Telephone Service) cable. If the ends are in a different order then a POTS patch cable will not work as a replacement cable. Of course I have the tools and supplies to install new ends on POTS and Ethernet 8 pin cables. Chris

Rollin_Free

It looks just like a standard phone cable, however as I noted above I believe it is pinned differently. If you lay both ends end to end and the colors are in the same order it is a POTS (Plan Old Telephone Service) cable. If the ends are in a different order then a POTS patch cable will not work as a replacement cable. Of course I have the tools and supplies to install new ends on POTS and Ethernet 8 pin cables. Chris

X2- mine came today and looks identical