Suspension Issues

ALovato

I purchased a 2022 Bighorn by Heartland. I'm having exteme uneven tire wear on the rear drivers side tire. Heartland claims it's a Lippert component issue. Lippert claims it's a Heartland design issue. This finger pointing has been going on for 4 months. Has anyone else had a similar issue? We're concerned about the hig probability of having a blowout due to the extreme tire wear.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
They're all good at playing the blame game. The next statement would likely be that you must have hit a curb or pothole and bent something.
If I were in your shoes, and have been, I would, and have, find a big rig trailer shop and have them do an alignment. A couple hundred bucks and no frustration.

Peace
Dave

Dahillbilly

Loke Dave stated find a repair shop that does alignments on big rigs & pay them. You will save yourself lot of headaches, sooner or later they will tell you it's not covered under warranty !!!

rhodies1

I had this issue and it was a collapsed equalizer but could be a number of issues. As stated. Get it checked at a big rig shop and get rid of the headaches. All manufacturers and suppliers pay the blame game. Don’t mind kissing your butt to get you to buy but don’t like to stand behind the unit after the sale.

Abear79

I purchased a 2022 Bighorn by Heartland. I'm having exteme uneven tire wear on the rear drivers side tire. Heartland claims it's a Lippert component issue. Lippert claims it's a Heartland design issue. This finger pointing has been going on for 4 months. Has anyone else had a similar issue? We're concerned about the hig probability of having a blowout due to the extreme tire wear.
I agree with cookie. I to have been in your shoes. My springs broke twice, and my hanger bracket broke once. Lippert fixed it once. If you plan on keeping for a while the IS system could be a choice. But the cheaper route would be upgrading your suspension. (i.e. axle alignment, springs, equalizers hangers), and always balance your tires.