Sway reducing hitch on North Trail

Domi

We have had our North Trail for about 4 months now and installed an E2 when we got it. We think it helps keep it more stable when we travel. We feel it is just better to have one so that is why. Even is pretty have wind the trailer was pretty stable.

John

Bgthomas

Thats the key to the Equalizer, of course. There is a video for adjusting one that works quite well. I love ours.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
When we bought our first bumper pull trailer over 15 years ago we took it out for a one night trip just to try it out (a Saturday night).

First thing I did Monday morning was call our trailer hitch shop and made an appointment to get the weight distributing set up with a sway bar.

And when we got the new truck about a year and a half ago it has the sway control built in and was told that I wouldn't need any of that weight distributing stuff . . . but I still used it!

WDhitchsetup-P1000277.jpg NewTruckHitchInAZ.jpg

But if we still had a bumper pull trailer . . . I wouldn't leave home without it all hooked up!

Now that we have a 5th-wheel . . . I sure don't miss having to attach all of that stuff.

pegmikef

I used a 14,000 pound capacity EAZ-Lift weight distribution hitch on both my TTs, one of which was a North Trail, and pulled them with an F150 and F250 respectively. Never had a problem at all, but they have to be adjusted correctly to work right. Apparently, not all dealer know the correct adjustments (height relationship of hitch ball with the trailer ball cup). I am not sure what E4 is as I thought it just meant 4 point weight distribution. I would read the specs for whatever hitch they are installing and make sure that it is correctly adjusted before you hook up to it.

They know the system well and showed me how to adjust it. It really makes a huge difference in the squat of the tow vehicle. I could feel it working when the wind hit it hard too. Seems to allow it to flex a little so it's not jerking around so much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk