Taillight Wiring

rciulla

Can anyone help with taillight wiring? Having problems with the right side directional/hazard/brake lights. They never worked right off the sales floor. noticed too late and camping world is useless. Standard 3 wires coming out of the LED fixture (green/black/white). All different colors coming out of the trailer. Pink, purple, brown, white with orange, orange with white, solid orange. I don't see any diagrams anywhere that would help. Any insight very much appreciated!

fluffywhitedogs

Can anyone help with taillight wiring? Having problems with the right side directional/hazard/brake lights. They never worked right off the sales floor. noticed too late and camping world is useless. Standard 3 wires coming out of the LED fixture (green/black/white). All different colors coming out of the trailer. Pink, purple, brown, white with orange, orange with white, solid orange. I don't see any diagrams anywhere that would help. Any insight very much appreciated!
Totally non-pro answer...look at the other side and wire it the same way? Smarter people than I will probably instruct you on how to check things with a multimeter but...

rciulla

Tried matching the left, no luck. Manual doesn't help as I do not have any of those colors and a lot more wires. With the left directional on the left directional blinks very bright and all of the other markers across the top and right blink very dim. Right directional on everything blinks very dim. Camping world could have crossed something installing the rear camera. Crickets from Heartland... Appreciate the help!

rhodies1

It sounds like you have a poor ground. It possible CW cut your ground wire or failed to hook it back up. It’s difficult to diagnose. It’s certainly easier if a person was there working live to see the wiring

jerryjay11

Haven't had this issue with the camper but I had a similar issue with my boat trailer. It turned out to be my trailer to truck ground. As you have other lights blinking when turning on directional which shouldn't be blinking is what I had on my boat trailer. All my running lights would blink with my directional on. I corrected the grounding to my truck and all lights worked as they should.