Take Care of Yourself & Your Loved Ones

SilverRhino

Back in April my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer. She has had two surgeries and we are currently half way through her radiation treatments. Sitting at the cancer treatment center twice a day last week, I really had a reality check. No matter how bad things get, there are always others that are worse off.

My wife is ver fortunate that she has always made a point of yearly mammograms. They discovered her cancer very early so the outlook is extremely positive. I am posting this to reminc all the ladies, no matter what you might hear or read, yearly mammograms can save your life. For you guys out there....Make sure the ladies in your life are having these done....If you have to take them, so you will be sure to have them around to love a cherish for a long, long time.

God Bless all those that are inflicted with this desease, and God bless all who care for them!

brianharrison

Randy, thank you for reminding us all about what is really important in our lives, our loved ones.....

God bless, and you are in Colleen's (my DW) and my prayers......

Take care,
Brian

Peteandsharon

Randy,

We pray that all goes well with your wife and she recovers fully. One thing we need to remember here is that cancer is not just a female problem. Prostate cancer is still the single most prevalent cancer out there so guys need to be every bit as vigilant about checkups.

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Thank you Randy for the reminder !! We wish the very best for Mary and you. I have my mammograms every Jan. My sister is a breast cancer survivor YEPPEEE!!! so we TCB when it comes to that stuff!! We will keep Mary and you in our prayers!!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Darlene is also a breast cancer survivor. Been over 5 years now. Fortunately, her's was detected on a mammogram as just something that didn't look quite right, but not defined enough for the radiologist to say it was cancer. Turns out in a biopsy that it was a very non-aggressive form and minor surgery and radiation took care of it. All women should have mammograms and everyone should have a colonoscopy. Best to nip a benign polyp than have your innards rot out.