Taking possession

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Well, we bought the 2009 3670RL back in October, but we're finally going to take possession next week. Scheduled the hitch install and orientation for Thursday morning.

Bobby A

Congrats JohnDar
Just was wondering, why so long on taking delivery ?? did it take that long to do a PDI ??(LOL) MY new 3580 is being built this coming week, hope to be able to do my PDI 1st week in April.
Bob

JohnDar

We bought the rig at the October RV show in Novi. I didn't have a truck to haul it or a place to store it, so part of the deal was that the dealer would hold it for me until Spring. Along with that, we had the washer/dryer, central vac, and slide awnings put on while they had it. Had them also install the Progressive surge protector w/remote. The weather is getting decent enough, so I decided enough Spring was here. Got the truck the end of January and have a temporary storage site lined up until we haul it north for the Summer in May. That was the plan all along.

Last edited:

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Congrats JohnDar. You beat me by a day. I have my PDI and take possession this coming Friday. Enjoy your new rig.

Bobby A

JohnDar

We were at the Novi show in November also, thats where we fell in love with the 3580 B/H we are having built this coming week. Where do you live ?? we are in Livonia. Where did you buy your rig ?? General ?? or Gillette ?? we got ours at Gillette

Last edited:

JohnDar

JohnDar

We were at the Novi show in November also, thats where we fell in love with the 3580 B/H we are having built this coming week. Where do you live ?? we are in Livonia. Where did you buy your rig ?? General ?? or Gillette ?? we got ours at Gillette

We're in Grand Blanc and we bought our rig from General in Birch Run. That's where we bought our previous TT, same sales person, too.

Our rig will be at the Indian River RV Resort. It's where we've camped the past two years and will have a seasonal site this summer. We keep our pontoon boat up there at a marina on the river, also.

Tom of Ypsi

John,

When you get to the Indian River marina say hi to Ed Helka and wife Diane. We have known them for several years and belong to the same camping club out of Livonia (Woverine Drifters) that they do. We will not be back into Michigan until July or August

Bobby A

JohnDar,

We were dealing with a gal from General Burch Run location named Lisa (in Sales) we really liked her, but for some reason when we were getting close to a sale she never called us back for some reason, so we had to go elsewhere. Tom, a camping club in Livonia ??

JohnDar

JohnDar,

We were dealing with a gal from General Burch Run location named Lisa (in Sales) we really liked her, but for some reason when we were getting close to a sale she never called us back for some reason, so we had to go elsewhere. Tom, a camping club in Livonia ??

We really liked her, too. That's why we went back to her. She's still there at the Birch Run store and returns my calls pretty quickly.

Actually my wife, sister, and Lisa were lying in wait for me in the 3670 at the show. As soon as I stepped inside, the harpoon went straight through my wallet and I got reeled in. I still limp a little from the ordeal.

Tom of Ypsi

Bobby, Yes a camping club in Livonia, at least the home base is Livonia. It is a FCRV (Family Campers and RVers) organization and is a family oriented. They usually get together once a month for camping within 100 miles of Livonia. If interested let me know and I can have someone contact you. We still belong even though we are fulltimers and will not be back to Michigan until July. We will be at their Labor Day weekend outing at Groveland Oaks an Oakland County Park and a very nice park. On another note we bought our Landmark through Mt Clemens General RV and Edna Greco was our sales person. That is the only good thing I have to say about GR.