Tank Drains

TBONE21

Hey guys,

After my first trip, I have a couple of questions. Sorry if they are dumb but I am used to a camper with one drop.
Of course the road warrior has a sewage drop in the front and rear. At the camp site I opened the gray water in the front and only used one hose since nobody was using the rear bathroom and shower.
On the second day, grey 2 was almost full. I though I had pulled the grey tank. With the hose hooked up in the front still, I thought somehow the grey tank in the rear had gotten full from the sink maybe so I moved the hose from the front to rear. I pulled the lever for Gray 2 and heard water coming but never saw it since my butt was facing the front. After 20 or so seconds I turned around and it was coming out the front drop and not the rear! haha
Caught me off guard but apparently both gray tanks drain from the front. What goes to what gray tank? Also my black tank the whole time said low. We used it all week and weekend and the gauge never moved up. I did drain it though.
My question is....what inside goes to what tank and where does what tank drain at? Also does it take a long while to get a read on the black tank gauge?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The Gray #2 tank is for the kitchen sink and normally drains via the main hook-up in the front. The rear bath (from what I've read in the past) has a separate tank (Gray #3?) and valve handle somewhere in the vicinity of the bath and drains from that rear hook-up. If I recall correctly, the valve handle sticks out of the frame and is not in the UDC. Gray #1 is the main shower and lavatory sink.

TBONE21

The Gray #2 tank is for the kitchen sink and normally drains via the main hook-up in the front. The rear bath (from what I've read in the past) has a separate tank (Gray #3?) and valve handle somewhere in the vicinity of the bath and drains from that rear hook-up. If I recall correctly, the valve handle sticks out of the frame and is not in the UDC. Gray #1 is the main shower and lavatory sink.

Im 100 percent positive there are only 2 Gray tanks.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Im 100 percent positive there are only 2 Gray tanks.

Then the rear tank is a combo use tank, black and gray. Both the sink and toilet drain into it. Point is that it should have a separate valve to open it into that rear sewer outlet. I know I've read that in other threads.