Tanks and valves layout for Road Warrior 415

wkcox

Still learning about the Road Warrior 415. There are two dump pipes. The front one has two valves which are unlabled. The back has a single valve labeled "Grey 2". The panel inside has three gauges, Grey 1, Grey 2, and Black. The problem arises because the rear toilet drains out the rear dump pipe which I was assuming was only grey, (Grey 2). Can someone help out with this issue?
Thanks!

travis_g

I was told that the rear pipe drains a combo tank of the back toilet and the back sink during my PDI. From what I have seen it also looks to drain the kitchen sink.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Here is a link to a previous posted thread that talks about this issue that I think will answer your question.

Rod Ditrich

wkcox

Went to that link. I had clear elbow on the rear dump pipe and clearly saw toilet paper and brown water come out when i pulled the single handle. Took a hose through one of the rear windows and into the toilet and the water comes out. I'm calling Heartland in the morning. I'll post their answer. It doesn't seem right for the second toilet to drain into a "Grey 2" tank.

danemayer

Went to that link. I had clear elbow on the rear dump pipe and clearly saw toilet paper and brown water come out when i pulled the single handle. Took a hose through one of the rear windows and into the toilet and the water comes out. I'm calling Heartland in the morning. I'll post their answer. It doesn't seem right for the second toilet to drain into a "Grey 2" tank.
Don't get too wrapped up in the labeling. Sometimes labels get put on wrong. But I'm sure customer service can explain what's what.

I've attached an RVIA generic diagram that illustrates a somewhat different configuration, but as you can see, in the rear, the lavatory sink and toilet both drain into the same black holding tank.

Attachments

• rvia plumbing diagram.jpg
    rvia plumbing diagram.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 84

travis_g

Call HL CS today and spoke to Anthony. He couldn't find a diagram for confirmation and said he'd call back. No call as if yet.
Sent from my Lumia 920 Windows Phone 8 using Board Express

wkcox

Spoke with Mike at Heartland CS and he confirmed that the rear toilet and sink go into the second grey tank. He agreed that the labeling is not accurate. In fact, he said that the "Grey 2" meter on the main panel is usually dead and not actually hooked up to the second grey tank! There is a separate meter for the tank in the rear bathroom. I think this is important for owners to know due to maintenance issues. There is no black tank washout fitting and no seperate grey tank to use as a flush for the rear dump pipe. Not a huge deal, just nice to know.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
You can buy a clear plastic drain adapter that has a water hose fitting on it to help back flush your tank.