TGIF - who is camping this weekend?

My next trip is in two weeks , we're doing three 4 -day weekends in July. What do the rest of you got planned for July?

Anyone here have a seasonal site?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Yep, we have a seasonal site in northern Michigan (3 hour drive) from May to the end of September we leave the rig on. We're heading back up tomorrow, matter of fact, for a week, then home for a week, then back up for three weeks while some out of state relatives rent a house on the lake nearby. Rest of the season is basically the same schedule. Our rig is primarily our "summer cottage" up there.

AnnR

Heading up to our seasonal site this weekend to haul and stack firewood! Sounds like fun, right? It's the last major chore to do before we can say we're completely ready for the season. Somehow when camping even the tough jobs are fun. I was also wondering if there are many seasonal site campers on this forum. Some issues are different for trailers that are stationary - like tank flushing, getting RV service, insurance, etc. I know the travellers out there might think seasonal camping is boring, but we found it's the best way to squeeze in camping right now with our work schedules. It's still fun to read about everyone else's travels and dream of retirement!

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Where in Wisc is your seasonal site? We are in the U.P. of Michigan and spend time in Wisc too.

Herbiesrig

John/Dar where is your seasonal site in northern Michigan?? We are 2 1/2 hours from the Bridge.

AnnR

Hi Herbiesrig: We're near Edgerton - between Janesville and Madison. Love the UP - spent a great family there years ago and have fond memories. Where in WI do you travel? Have a safe and happy summer!

zurn

hey lee and linda-if the doctors give the okay we are on our way to the white river in northern arkansas for two weeks of trout fishing-we are so ready! John and carol

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
John/Dar where is your seasonal site in northern Michigan?? We are 2 1/2 hours from the Bridge.

We stay at the Indian River RV Resort & Campground on M-27. It's about a mile south of Topinabee. South down I-75 about 30 miles from the bridge. We're right between Burt and Mullett Lakes (but not on the water).

Don't know what problems there are with insurance (we've not had any). RV Service? Warranty's long gone, so calling a mobile tech is on my dime, no matter what. Or on the extended warranty coverage. There is a Heartland dealer (International RV) about 30 miles south in Gaylord, so if it came to that, we might be able to arrange something. The woman that sold us our unit while at General RV is married to the manager there and works up there during the summer. Dumping/flushing the tanks is no problem since we're on a full service site. Our pontoon is in a marina slip on the river four miles away, so it's all good.

Joy & Jeff

Past Missouri Chapter Leaders
We just picked ours up today from getting some service work done. Loading tomorrow and Sunday to leave Wednesday around noon for a week at Outlet Park, Lake Pomme de Terre, MO.

Herbiesrig

What happened carol, that you were sick?? Hope that everyone is well, looking forward to texas, we are going to have a good time.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
My next trip is in two weeks , we're doing three 4 -day weekends in July. What do the rest of you got planned for July?

Anyone here have a seasonal site?

We, too, 'camp' everyday as we are full-timers (anxiously awaiting my husbands retirement from the Army so we can hit the road August 10th!) - however we are 'moving' to Huntsville, Alabama the second weekend of July to check out the space center.

Hi Herbiesrig: We're near Edgerton - between Janesville and Madison. Love the UP - spent a great family there years ago and have fond memories. Where in WI do you travel? Have a safe and happy summer!

Ann R - we moved to Alabama from Dodgeville - ever been to Governor Dodge State Park? Beautiful. Where is your seasonal site?

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
We left gillette rally and came to Cannon Beach Oregon, here until July 7th, then going to Jasper National Park in Canada.
Don

Lance & Jo

We too are full timers and this week we are in Birch Bay Washington, next week will be in Aldergrove Ca. in order to be closer to Vancouver for the Jazz festival there. Tried out John's part of the country last year and thought it was a little damp but gotta say it just doesn't hold a candle to the North West when it comes to rainy day weather!!