Thank You!

Redrider007

I just want to throw a Big Thank You to all those in the forum who have been replying to my questions for the last year and a half or so. I pulled the trigger on a 2015 3010 yesterday. I have had a lot of fear over this time wondering if the rig will be too much for my truck but i will never know until I give it a go. I couldnt afford both so I put $10,000 into my 2004 F350 bulletproofing the motor for reliability, new bulletproof egr cooler,oil cooler,ficm,water pump,adrenalin hpop,arp studs,4 inch exhaust, new hd brakes and b&w hitch snd edge tuner. I hope she holds together. I figure about the only other thing i can do is air bags if needed. Hope to see you on the road!!!

fredwrichardson

Past New Mexico Chapter Leader
I just want to throw a Big Thank You to all those in the forum who have been replying to my questions for the last year and a half or so. I pulled the trigger on a 2015 3010 yesterday. I have had a lot of fear over this time wondering if the rig will be too much for my truck but i will never know until I give it a go. I couldnt afford both so I put $10,000 into my 2004 F350 bulletproofing the motor for reliability, new bulletproof egr cooler,oil cooler,ficm,water pump,adrenalin hpop,arp studs,4 inch exhaust, new hd brakes and b&w hitch snd edge tuner. I hope she holds together. I figure about the only other thing i can do is air bags if needed. Hope to see you on the road!!!

How about posting a picture of the RV and Truck? When you say a 3010 which brand? Heartland makes a 3010 Bighorn and a 3010 Cyclone.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Redrider007,
Congratulations on your new rig!

Many folks have had the same anxiety over pulling a larger rig, however with the mods you described, I think you will do fine.

Enjoy your new Bighorn and consider showing it off at a rally this year. Trace

wdk450

They also make heavy duty versions/upgrades to truck transmissions for RV towing. If its a diesel, an exhaust brake can help you stop better and save wear on your regular truck brakes.

caissiel

You will do fine. My 2005 pulls my 3500 BC just fine for the past 6 years. Only mod is an oil cooler and coolant with Hypertech max energy.