Thanks to lippert.....

Geonkat

I know there have been a lot of negative posts about Lippert, so I thought I'd share a positive story. In May, we took the Bighorn to our selling dealer (Bill Thomas Campers, Wentzville, MO) for some warranty work and complained about bucking/surging brakes when comming to a stop. When we picked up the BH, they signed off the complaint as no problem found. I doubt anything was actually done, and the problem was definately not fixed. After numerous phone calls, run arounds, excuses, and no returned calls, I found out another Bighorn had the same problem. I insisted they have Lippert come out and take a look and Lippert did send a tech to check out both trailers. This tech was very friendly and professional. He had each of us take him for a test ride to evaluate the problem. After some electrical tests and visual inspections of the brakes, he ended up replacing all 4 brake assemblies and drums. So far, it seems good, but I'll need more miles to be sure. I have been in contact with the other Bighorn owner and he has more miles at this time and is satisfied with the results. If it were not for Lippert stepping up and fixing the problem, I'd still be struggling with the dealer.

George

jpdoggett

It's nice to hear something good for a change, alot of the negitive stuff may be more dealer that Lippert , have not had to deal with them so can't tell. Good Luck

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Lippert just recently stepped up and fixed our suspension when a hanger sheared off the rear spring pack...very happy that they took care of it, however, rather disturbed to find out they actually know this is a problem. They have a service bulletin for how to fix this exact situation, and yet, they still build the suspensions the same way my '08 was built...

Why would they not FIX a known problem and beef the suspension up BEFORE the sale??? Baffles me....

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
After numerous phone calls, run arounds, excuses, and no returned calls, I found out another Bighorn had the same problem. I insisted they have Lippert come out and take a look and Lippert did send a tech to check out both trailers. This tech was very friendly and professional. He had each of us take him for a test ride to evaluate the problem. After some electrical tests and visual inspections of the brakes, he ended up replacing all 4 brake assemblies and drums. So far, it seems good, but I'll need more miles to be sure. I have been in contact with the other Bighorn owner and he has more miles at this time and is satisfied with the results. If it were not for Lippert stepping up and fixing the problem, I'd still be struggling with the dealer.

George

Just curious, were you still under warranty when they agreed to send a tech?

Erika

Geonkat

Erika,
Yes, we were under warranty, but barely. The other owner was out of warranty, but I believe he had the problem documented while he was still in warranty.

George