That "Oh Crap" Moment!

An older couple that I know decided that this was their last year of snow birding and I volunteered to go pick up their Sundance and bring it home. I make the 12.5 hour trip to Umatilla,FL and the first thing I notice on my initial walk around, Blow Max tires. Having had 2 blowouts on my CY4100 on the same trip, it was a huge "Oh Crap!" Thankfully, I made it back to KY without incident, and a whole lot of prayer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I think you got lucky.
That was really nice of you doing that good deed for them. 👌
Glad it all went well.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I think you got lucky.
That was really nice of you doing that good deed for them.
Glad it all went well.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I was pretty nervous the whole way. When I dropped it off to them, I told them to have those changed ASAP.

pegmikef

You were really lucky. I had two blow outs on my North Trail in less than 5K miles. The second one was when I changed all the tires.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I guess we were lucky with our previous Heartland Trail Runner that came with BlowMax tires on it . . .

We put about 5000 miles on that trailer in two years and never had an issue with the tires.

Now, axles and springs . . . that is another story!

Westwind

Someone was watching over you. If you go back on this forum you will see more posts on BlowMax tires then you want to ready, I had 6K on mine and thanked the dear lord when I got them off and replaced them with GY 614s.

Someone was watching over you. If you go back on this forum you will see more posts on BlowMax tires then you want to ready, I had 6K on mine and thanked the dear lord when I got them off and replaced them with GY 614s.

Oh I have first hand experience with them, had 2 blowouts within 100 miles of each other on my CY4100. Replaced all 7 with Sailuns when I got back.

sengli

I think the deciding factor might have been that that sundance wasnt all that heavy. We had the blow max's on our big horn for two years, with out any issue's. Granted we arent full timers on the move all the time either. My coach only weighed around 12k. I still replaced them with GY614's, just to be on the safe side.