The Lemon's (Dodge) Replacement!

rustyshakelford

Looks kind of tall, does the pin box clear well enough?

Thats part of the problem. I'm going to have to trim the plastic pin box cover so it doesn't catch. Besides that it should be good. I'm going to do a bunch of tests at home before we hit the road to make sure I'm not going to have clearance issues.

Brett

rustyshakelford

thanks to all for the kind words.

duane--im going to run across the scales once more when the trailer is loaded for a trip. if i am still at 15-15.5k or less, im going to switch to the goose box. if its any higher, i will keep the pin box i have. i dont have any room in the bed now with the hitch and while thats not an issue, the tool box makes it a pain to remove and install the hitch all the time. one set-up would be much easier on me and the added benefits would be a nice addition. the goosebox would also give me more clearance so i wouldnt have to worry about crunching the tool box...

gotta love the after thoughts that come with trying something different!

brett

mmomega

AnyTimer
That's actually a pretty **** cool toolbox. I'm still looking everywhere for one that really gets my attention but still leaves it where I can load the bed and still fit under a bed cover.....which I'm also looking for. I take too long to buy things

caissiel

When I needed boxes for my truck when I retired I bought 2 delta full size in the box boxes and placed on on the front of my box and then cut the bottom of the second one to suit the height to clear the 5th wheel pin and had a new bottom installed.
The front box is usualy in all the time we camp and the rear one can be removed by removing my 5 tool cases individualy till the box is light enough to carry out by me and the wife. So The box is removed and the 5th wheel hitch is removed once I park for an extended time. Right now my hith has been used to support my satelight dish on the ground away from trees. Its been great for 7 yeras at a cost of $500 for both boxes.

porthole

Retired
That's actually a pretty **** cool toolbox. I'm still looking everywhere for one that really gets my attention but still leaves it where I can load the bed and still fit under a bed cover.....which I'm also looking for. I take too long to buy things

There are several on the site Brett posted that are lower, and should fit under a cover. I downloaded 4 different styles to check fitment.

mmomega

AnyTimer
There are several on the site Brett posted that are lower, and should fit under a cover. I downloaded 4 different styles to check fitment.
Oh yeah I looked at all of those + probably a dozen more then looking at an electric bed cover. I'll figure it out one day. So far my underseat storage is doing the job since I don't carry much with me.
Once I get the air tank installed I'll be more motivated to find a box.

rustyshakelford

here is the link to the manufacturer. they have one specifically for guys with 5vrs. they are a little smaller and dont have the drawer (which is one of my favorite features) but sit quite a bit lower. im going to work on mine tomorrow and get it set-up as much as possible and try to snap some pics for those that are interested in its capacity. i know im going to keep my saw in the left side and store the 25" bar on the side. the bar it cheap compared to the saw and would like that to be locked up. the right side will be for the bigger pipe wrench, electric impact, jack and misc tools and bags

brett

porthole

Retired
here is the link to the manufacturer. they have one specifically for guys with 5vrs. they are a little smaller and dont have the drawer (which is one of my favorite features) but sit quite a bit lower. im going to work on mine tomorrow and get it set-up as much as possible and try to snap some pics for those that are interested in its capacity. i know im going to keep my saw in the left side and store the 25" bar on the side. the bar it cheap compared to the saw and would like that to be locked up. the right side will be for the bigger pipe wrench, electric impact, jack and misc tools and bags

brett

Keeping us guessing?

rustyshakelford

While not the best pics, itll give you an idea of how much space there is. In the drivers side, i have a 1 gallon bottle of stihl bar oil, 1 gallon can of pre-mix gas, 1 wedge, and field saw sharpening kit, 3 25" chains and a MS361 Saw. I have to keep the 25" bar on the side of the box, but it is out of sight.

Center drawer has a bunch of smaller sockets and most hand tools.

Passenger side has my bolt box, electrical box, 2 hand cleaners, electric impact, big 1/2" socket set, heavy tow strap with chain and big pipe wrench. I think i will try and find a milk crate to put the oil, gas and all the chains and boomers in to make more room. I still need the jumper cables, grease gu, big bottle jack, and some other odds and ends.

I like it so far. if i need my truck bed, ill just grab the 16' bumper pull or deckover GN. it is nice not really worrying about people easily stealing my tools!

brett

IMG_1063.jpg

IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1064.jpg