The things you see...

Carleen

Yup- picture taken from my review mirror, so facing backwards. He was westbound on 120th and pulled over after construction at Federal.

Carleen
2011 Ford F-350 6.7
2011 Big Horn 3585RL

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Yup- picture taken from my review mirror, so facing backwards. He was westbound on 120th and pulled over after construction at Federal.

That is about four miles west of our house.

We are right near 120th. & Colorado.

I wonder if he is still there this morning . . .

rhodies1

Actually, there is a Home Depot about a mile west of where he is in that shot . . .

It is interesting to read these threads about things we see.I am from Canada and the strangest thing I've come across took place a couple of weeks ago.While hauling my unit on the highway,an approaching 5th wheel unit coming towards me looked out of proportion,it was,the driver was travelling down the highway at approx 60 mph with the bedroom slide fully open on his rig...first time for this one.

SNOKING

What do you think is in front of this 25' 6" x 8'6" power C-Dory TomCat? 250/2500 or 350/3500?

That's right a Tundra! With mirrors that could not see behind it.

Bare boat is 6K + 150 gals of gas +30 of wate + Gear + trailer = about 10K. Which is right at it's limit for certain models of the Tundra. No equalizer bars or sway control. Just a dead load ball hitch.

Chris

Bones

What do you think is in front of this 25' 6" x 8'6" power C-Dory TomCat? 250/2500 or 350/3500?

Bare boat is 6K + 150 gals of gas +30 of wate + Gear + trailer = about 10K. Which is right at it's limit for certain models of the Tundra. No equalizer bars or sway control. Just a dead load ball hitch.

Chris

I have been seeing a lot of tundras pulling trailers. especially 5th wheels.

8amps

Where is that at?

Kinda looks like the area around 120th. & Federal . . .

John, I know you are a master photographer with an eye for detail, but really HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT???? :) I mean, of all the gin joints in all the world, how in tarnation did you recognize those trees? (Even if you knew it was Denver metro area)

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
John, I know you are a master photographer with an eye for detail, but really HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT???? :) I mean, of all the gin joints in all the world, how in tarnation did you recognize those trees? (Even if you knew it was Denver metro area)

Well . . . you know . . . :rolleyes:

Actually, it was the gaurd rail and the yellow lines on the road, plus I know that Carleen lives over in Broomfield.

I did think that it looked backwards and couldn't quite figure that out . . .

Didn't think about the shot being taken in the rear view mirror.

We are down hear at Mountaindale . . . missing you guys!

The gang is almost all here!

Mattman

Chris

I got one better than that. I saw someone pulling a boat similar to that with a Grand Marque. Someone told me they can tow a lot. They have Air ride V8. So I guess double axle boat trailers loaded are towable. It was an older boat to. Big fiberglass thing. It was hard to tell as it drove by me in the off ramp, but almost thought it had hydraulic brake assist. So maybe it didn't have electric? Yeah it can tow it. Don't stop quick though. Didn't see sway control either......

Carleen

I got one better than that. I saw someone pulling a boat similar to that with a Grand Marque. Someone told me they can tow a lot. They have Air ride V8. So I guess double axle boat trailers loaded are towable. It was an older boat to. Big fiberglass thing. It was hard to tell as it drove by me in the off ramp, but almost thought it had hydraulic brake assist. So maybe it didn't have electric? Yeah it can tow it. Don't stop quick though. Didn't see sway control either......

I couldn't give the scientific answer- but boats generally don't need sway control. I've towed more boats than travel trailers and have never used nor seen sway control on a boat. Also- because the trailers go in the water all the time, electric brakes can be problematic. Most boat trailers use hydraulic breaks. Some switch to electric, but it's not common (for several reasons). I never thought it was worth it.

This was my my family as we headed off to Lake Powell. My boat was the blue one- and I had to include a pix of my little captain!

71334b6766883b3b264cd294cf8db6c0.jpg
8bff3365e0c8b62f7861014aa2a2538a.jpg
6f12324c58e75f2667056cfbcc03dde0.jpg

Carleen
2011 Ford F-350 6.7
2011 Big Horn 3585RL

SNOKING

We towed a SeaRay 270/290 Sundancer with a 76 Chevy K20 and a 93 W250 RAM. It was about a thousand pounds more than the picture I posted of the TomCat and Tundra. No way would I have wanted to tow it with a Tundra. 1000 lbs(10%) of hitch weight, how does the Tundra handle that? Hitch weight is what makes a bumper pull trailer tow ok, light and it is all over the road.

Chris

8amps

We are down hear at Mountaindale . . . missing you guys!

The gang is almost all here!
Say hi to everyone for us! We miss all our Colorado peeps. But having a grand time in Yellowstone, and then onto Washington and Oregon from here. Hope you have a great time!

Mattman

I couldn't give the scientific answer- but boats generally don't need sway control. I've towed more boats than travel trailers and have never used nor seen sway control on a boat. Also- because the trailers go in the water all the time, electric brakes can be problematic. Most boat trailers use hydraulic breaks. Some switch to electric, but it's not common (for several reasons). I never thought it was worth it.

This was my my family as we headed off to Lake Powell. My boat was the blue one- and I had to include a pix of my little captain!

71334b6766883b3b264cd294cf8db6c0.jpg
8bff3365e0c8b62f7861014aa2a2538a.jpg
6f12324c58e75f2667056cfbcc03dde0.jpg

Carleen
2011 Ford F-350 6.7
2011 Big Horn 3585RL
True. I never really see the sway control either. I would guess hitch weight of a boat is lot less than a TT.
The Grand Marque towing was more the interesting part. I would think a boat would be wagging that car all over. My 17.5' aluminum boat will make me notice it once and while.
I just saw tiny car, big boat.