The things you see

mlpeloquin

If he or she makes a wide right hand turns, they may just save the steps. Think of how much damage will be done to structure if they hit an immovable object!

olcoon

Wednesday in North Dakota on I-29, we saw a Southbound motorhome pulling a boat. It wasn't just any boat, looked to be about 30' long give or take some, also looked like it could have had sleeping quarters & a galley! I'm sure he was close to the max on overall length. It was about as tall as the MH.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I was behind an SOB 5th-wheeler headed north on I-25 in approaching downtown Denver a couple of weeks ago and I noticed their Batwing was fully extended.

I pulled along side the TV and pointed at his roof and spelled TVA with my fingers a couple of times . . . and the guy blew me off and looked ahead and kept on going.

He was in the right lane and two bridges just ahead are barely 14 feet high in the right lane.

I tried . . . I wonder if he made it under those bridges but I'll never know.

I didn't stick around to find out . . .

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
If he or she makes a wide right hand turns, they may just save the steps. Think of how much damage will be done to structure if they hit an immovable object!

Our first TT, a 1978 Coachman Cadet 24, had been damaged by a previous owner when they hit something with the steps, which ripped them completely off, except for the two side brackets, which were extremely bent.

My father-in-law made us some steps out of the left over wood from our new deck on the house so we never really understood how bad the damage was until we had used it for several years.

Turns out that when they hit whatever it was, not only did it rip the steps off of the trailer, but it completely snapped one of the upper corners of the entrance door frame, plus it bent the frame of the trailer enough where the entire rear corner of the door side was completely ripped (disconnected) from the frame.

Whenever we went camping, once I had the trailer level I always had to jack up the front door side corner a little higher to release the pressure, otherwise the entrance door couldn't be opened or closed.

We lived with it that way for 14 years . . . much better than sleeping on the ground in a tent!

If you click and enlarge these photos you can see the sag in the back corner plus the missing steps.

Camper10767.jpg CampSite-P9030033.jpg

Funny, even though it was a rolling piece of junk (I named it 'Trailer Trash'), I do kinda miss it!

Mattman

I got to ask... did you start blinking lights and/or try to stop them to let them know something was wrong?

Jim M

First of all this guy passed us doing 75+ in hurry for some where. But soon later slowed down some. 70mph is still a good clip in that MH. After he slowed down when we went by I did make some hand motions to him to try and notion something was up. But about that time he was getting off the highway. Either it was his exit or he finally caught a glimpse of the stairs. Hope he caught it before it was to late. Hope I didn't make him angry thinking me pointing down was telling him to slow down.