Theater Seating Power Issue

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
We have the Theater Seating in our Bighorn and one chair has an intermittent power problem. Sometimes when you open the chair it will not close, you hear a clicking sound from the motor. It was manufactured by Lippert according to Heartland and I will be in contact with them. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if so how did you fix it? Doug

AAdams

In our BH 3750 FL we have had intermittent problems. The control box mounted under the unit is situated in a way that one of the plugs comes out slightly and causes intermittent operation. I reach behind and push it back in and it works for a while, just been to lazy to break out the zip ties and strap them in place so they will not be able to loosen up.

Oregon_Camper

Yep....same problem here. I flipped the chair over to access the underside. Check on connections...I think there are 3 different places it can come loose.

Once i secured all the connections, the problem was gone.

DougLynne

I have worked on those and thought that was the problem but alas the problem persists. I sent an email to Lippert today to see what they say. Doug

Az_Ernie

Doug and Lynne,
Did you figure out what was causing the problem with your theater seat? We have a couple of rocker recliners we'd swap with you! :)

DaveTyler

Dave here, I have had the same thing and try and squeeze under the chair and play with the plugs and it always works. These are in the Big Horn. The power supply underneath sometimes gets caught. They are
wire tied somehow and you may have to redo them. I might be in for the rocker switch. Thanks.

DougLynne

Vendor is replacing the motor under warranty. Part is being shipped to our dealer and will be replaced once we get home. Doug