Thermostat

Larry W

<CITE><CITE>www.sunlineclub.com/docs/AtwoodFurnacesBrochure.pdf is a link to a new Atwwod thermostat that the brochure claims will work with all standard furnaces and most standard roof top air conditioners.</CITE></CITE>
<CITE><CITE></CITE></CITE>
<CITE><CITE>Has anyone had any feedback on this product?</CITE></CITE>
<CITE><CITE>I would like to upgrade also and if this is a good product and does not need modifying, I could try it.</CITE></CITE>
<CITE><CITE>Thanks,</CITE></CITE>

Last edited:

hcriddle

It appears on page 4 of the brochure that this thermostat is only used with the new 2 stage furnace.

wyleyrabbit

I went a different way and changed out the stock thermostat for a Honeywell programmable thermostat, specifically this one: http://yourhome.honeywell.com/home/Products/Thermostats/5-1-1-Day-Programmable/RTH6400D.htm. By 5-2 programmable, the unit can have different schedules depending on whether it's a weekday or a weekend. The wiring was a bit tricky, because it ended up being different than the Hunter that others have posted the wiring diagram for. It works absolutely perfectly though, for both the furnace and for the air conditioner.

We like having the trailer colder when we sleep and warmer during the day. We set the temperature to a nice comfortable room temperature for when we get up in the morning, and now we don't have to play rock-paper-scissors to decide who has to freeze their parts off to go turn on the furnace. :angel:

If anyone needs me to, I could post the wiring diagram for mine.

Chris

jbeletti

Nice Chris. Yes, I'd say add the wiring diagram to help those who may consider this thermostat. That is controls the heating and cooling is nice. Similar to the Duo-Therm model.

Jim

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
If youb are color blind this IS NOT a mod you want to do alone. Found out the hard way.

wyleyrabbit

At long last, here is the wiring for the Honeywell RTH6400 thermostat. Other Honeywell thermostats likely have the same wiring...

G - blue and brow wires
W - white wire
Y - yellow wire
R - empty
Rc - green wire

I didn't add a switch for ac fan control, we only use it on high.

Hey Jim...I wonder if something like this should be in a knowledge base somewhere?

Cheers,
Chris

2010augusta

Chris you could place it in the Thermostat section of the wiki://heartlandowners.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=Thermostat

or if you want an editor to place it I can take care of it later, if you can post a picture of the unit and the wiring.

wyleyrabbit

Alan,

I have added the wiring to the wiki. I don't have any decent pictures yet, but when I manage to take anything moderately workable, I will add that too.

Cheers,
Chris

archbarb

Just curious, We have a 2011 BC 3250TS, and I would like to change the t'stat to the digital. By doing this change over, would the warranty of the A/C be effected?

dennis2188

Completed this mod this weekend. Wish I would have seen this thread before I started. The wire colors didn't match up to what I had seen on another thread, but seeing this thread with its pictures would have been a help. Needless to say I did get it done and it works great. 20 dollars investment and a little time was worth it over the origional thermostat. I want to thank all the people that had input to this thread because it made installation so easy.