Things You Don't Want to See

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
White knuckle moment . . .

Had a close call this afternoon, coming down I-70 towards Denver.

I know . . . I hate that stretch of road!

We'll be traveling it with our trailer in three weeks!

When going up or down, I always skip Floyd Hill by taking Hwy 6 between Golden and Idaho Springs . . .

Only adds about 15 minutes to the drive . . . but adds about 5 years to your life span!

SeattleLion

Re: What was the tow vehicle?

I

One of the biggest problems I see today is that people are now pulling trailers with vehicles that are too small for the trailer they are pulling.

Heck . . . the other day I saw an Airstream trailer, which looked to be about a 26-footer being pulled on I-25 through downtown Denver by a Honda minivan! :mad:

I mean . . . really? . . . a Honda minivan??????????????????????????????

Who in their right mind would even install the right trailer hitch on a Honda minivan to pull a full-sized travel trailer like that?

I just responded to another thread here where someone asked about pulling a 15,000 lb fiver with a 3/4 ton truck. Many forum members responded that there was no problem, they have been pulling rigs way over their vehicle's weight rating for years. Makes you wonder. I also wonder about TT's and fivers that pass me on the interstate going over 70 MPH. We go a steady 60. Our tires are only rated to 65 mph and Ford makes a point that it is unsafe to tow with our F350 at high speeds (over 70).