Thinking of changing to 17.5

Urban350

I am thinking of changing to 17.5 rims and tires. Has anybody done this in Canada and if so who did you purchase through? I am also looking at buying in the US if I can get the shipping down any sugestions would be great.

lwmcguir

We were on a trip with temps over 100 F. The 17.5's run very cool compared to 16's due to the higher pressure and stiffer side wall. The ride is still good however we do have air pin and CP. Nice not to have to worry about blowing a tire due to the heat.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We were on a trip with temps over 100 F. The 17.5's run very cool compared to 16's due to the higher pressure and stiffer side wall. The ride is still good however we do have air pin and CP. Nice not to have to worry about blowing a tire due to the heat.

Agree totally! Best decision we made...great to go down the road not worrying about tires!

If you live near the US Border, you could ship to a truck terminal in the States, drive over the border and pick them up.
I live 2 miles from the U.S. / Canadian border.
Port Huron, Michigan / Sarnia, Ont.
Or if you make the trip to Goshen for the rally next year, you could go to Ohio and have them installed.
Looks like it's about 80 miles from Goshen.
It's just over the Indiana, Ohio border.
I plan to do that on the way to Goshen next year.
Stopping in Edon, Ohio, have the tires and wheels installed and continue on to the Rally.

Hockster

====================================================================================================================================