Thinking of everyone in Texas

buddyboy

Please keep those in the Austin and San Antonio area in your thoughts and prayers. Hoping everyone there is safe.

scottyb

I saw a video of a couple RV's floating down the Guadalupe River under the I-35 bridge in New Braunfels. They never said where they came from but I'm hoping they were from a dealer and not a RV park. We had more rain in a single day than we have ever had. I dumped a total of 6.3" yesterday. This was on top of the 5.7" we dumped out of the gauge last weekend. Austin-Bergstrom Airport recorded 14.3". That is about double the historical high and only 1" less than the highest monthly total ever recorded in Austin.

dlw930

I saw a video of a couple RV's floating down the Guadalupe River under the I-35 bridge in New Braunfels. They never said where they came from but I'm hoping they were from a dealer and not a RV park. We had more rain in a single day than we have ever had. I dumped a total of 6.3" yesterday. This was on top of the 5.7" we dumped out of the gauge last weekend. Austin-Bergstrom Airport recorded 14.3". That is about double the historical high and only 1" less than the highest monthly total ever recorded in Austin.

Unfortunately, River Ranch RV Park is on the Guadalupe River bank immediately upstream of the I35 bridge shown in the photos and videos. More than likely the RVs were from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HornedToad

Stayed at an RV Park this weekend on the San Marcos River just down from where the Blanco flows in... Looks like these guys were washed off their pads by the flood to the end of the park.
a44702471269ac2fe08db211fa5a2c7d.jpg
8e5dc11bdaf79f8c79cf15a9671a5e58.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TxCowboy

Just an hour north of us. There was widespread flooding everywhere. Hope these RV owners are covered by good insurance.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
It always pays to watch the weather and when in doubt get out. That is why your RV has wheels. :)

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Here is Eastland County, they've had another 5-7 inches of rain over the past 2-3 days. Lake Leon, where we used to have our rig at Solid Rock RV Park, has risen to 4 feet, 3 inches above "full pool", which means it's overflowing the "morning glory" which is a trumpet shaped cement structure that funnels water through the dam into a spillway. Unfortunately, this also means flooding around the banks, as the overflow cannot funnel the water as fast as it is coming into the lake. Likely, our old park has many sites and the entrance/exit road flooded. We are glad we are no longer there, even though our site was on higher ground.

jmgratz

Lookout downstream along the Trinity River. Every time the Dallas/Ft. Worth area gets alot of rain the Trinity River watershed rises. It travels downstream and will reach Lake Livingston and then Liberty, Tx in 3-6 days. Once again Dallas/Ft Worth has been hit by a deluge of rain so those campgrounds along the Trinity River need to be on the lookout. Those in Liberty need to be on the lookout.

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader
We in Wimberley had 13 inches October 31st but only a minimal couple of inches since then. There is sunshine today.

avvidclif

Over near Canton in East Texas my raingauge filled up (5") one day last week. Don't know when, too wet to check it.

buddyboy

We can sympathize with y'all. We had over 20" in one 24 hour period at the beginning of October and another 5" the next weekend. Everyone has been cringing when rain is forecast for our area of South Carolina.

jmgratz

Our normal annual rainfall is in the 60 inch range. So far this year is is topping 80 inches. A very wet year.