Tie down points in our toy hauler.

porthole

Retired
Porthole,
On one of your links that you posted had a pretty cool idea. It was counter sunk boxes which the lid flipped up to become a wheel choke.

I have two of those chocks in my basement, they came out of my motorcycle trailer.. Don't like them.
They come in two different lengths to fit in either 16" or 24" on center floors.
Problems:

• you can't ride in and step off the bike
  • The function has the front wheel dropping into the box, about 2", that can be a kickstand issue. My bike is lowered and I couldn't put the stand down.
  • The recess makes it twice as hard to pull an 800 pound bike out.

Irene

porthole

Retired
When is the next and closest rally? I'll be hopefully taking the Cyclone out in the end of March for a track day!

Irene,

Try this page, look on the right side. The column lists all HL functions coming up. Yo will see the Lancaster function coming up early April.

//heartlandowners.org/content.php

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
I have two of those chocks in my basement, they came out of my motorcycle trailer.. Don't like them.
They come in two different lengths to fit in either 16" or 24" on center floors.
Problems:

• you can't ride in and step off the bike
  • The function has the front wheel dropping into the box, about 2", that can be a kickstand issue. My bike is lowered and I couldn't put the stand down.
  • The recess makes it twice as hard to pull an 800 pound bike out.

Irene

For a motorcycle I can see that issue. The locking bar seems like a great idea. But for me. I haul a 1500lb RZR. My goal has been trying to rid the use of ratchet straps as it is a royal pain to maneuver in my garage with a RZR covered in mud to tie it down. If I had two flip up wheel chokes for the front that ensured no possible forward movement I would just need the one ratchet strap to keep the RZR pulled tight against the chokes. The access to the ratchet would be at the rear of the garage. Assuming I did not forget to lay the strap out first with it hooked to the forward dring.

I am still considering the other idea I have in the drawing but that means I have large extra stuff to carry and store while at the park.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 3 HD

Porkchop

Duane thanks! Early April won't work for us but we are looking at the Cape May one in October. Maybe the one in NY in September. I'll take a look at the link and see if there is anything else.

We are hoping to do a track day March 23 rd. Any suggestions on de-winterizing the rig? We won't be at a camp site -- dry camping (with electricity).

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
You had to ask, 8" up front and 10" rear (without looking them up I think that is correct). Those on the site are probably made from a lite gauge steel. I would probably have to make my own for them to be strong enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 3 HD

porthole

Retired
I'll measure the chocks I have, but I don't think they will work. If it does, you can have them for the cost of shipping.

Zoomzoommo

Here's the product from Bolt It On. The middle wheel chock is extended, so that the handlebars will be staggered. Hauling three bikes to the track later this month. I can install (or uninstall) the Bolt It On rack in 5 minutes. It's exceptionally light and easy to handle. More pics later when bikes are strapped in place.

EA779D9E-8B35-460C-AF18-78FA7F4606F7-8670-0000059499E8A885_zps0b3d8095.jpg

I use 4 d-rings, one in each corner. Works good for just my rzr or cramming in the rzr and an atv.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    737.3 KB · Views: 83
It's a 50" wide rzr. The atv is a Honda recon 250. I have about 1" between the walls and between the machines. New wheels or spacers for my rzr and I won't be able to carry the atv.