Tieing Down Awning

IronJ

It wasn't my idea...there is a fellow who was a member on the sob forum who makes them and sells em...

As for attaching, the upper bracket is bolted to the upper awning arm..there is a hole on the bracket for the strap and the pole is mounted below that..let me see if I can find the bracket and I'll show ya...it's STURDY!!...I've even had a hammock hanging between the poles...all the force is on the poles but it locks the awning in place!

d443d401108bde6f1e23c3b451183309.jpg

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

TX_Clay

Just to let people know, on my 2015 CY3010. I have the motorized Carefree Traveler Awning set. I "ASSUMED" it was self dumping. This last weekend, we got a nice shower where we were at. I was away at the pool and after the shower was over. I came back to the RV to see the left side as you look at it had collapsed. The none motorized arm had snapped in 2 places and bent up just below the idler head. APPARENTLY it isn't self dumping.
Completely my fault as I did not have it fully pitched down, nor did I have it slopped off to one side. My guess is it pooled the water till it could not hold it anymore. 2nd time to replace this particular arm as it got jostled back in May by a good wind and snapped the next week when I rolled it out to clean it.
I wished that they would build this with a little heavier gauge metal in their product. Sure would help if they did.
Ordered the new arm assembly Saturday night and hoping it arrives by Friday so I can go install it AGAIN.

DWChris

View attachment 46562 View attachment 46563This is what we do. If we are going to be gone long, everything comes down and we close the awning.

Where did you find the shade for the small awning? I have one on the main awning but can't find one narrow enough for the small awning by the TV which is where I need it the most.

I've thought about buying a wider one and just cutting to the width I need but seems like a waste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk