Time to build a Bighorn???

RCF

Just curious, how long does it actually take to build one once it is started?

ihsolutions

I recall that it's something like two and a half or maybe three days, start to finish. They move down the line pretty quickly.

rick_debbie_gallant

Just curious, how long does it actually take to build one once it is started?

If a person who had the time to spend could they be the QC person as it goes down the line, making certain that things looked right? I would even pay extra to d0 that. Just wondering.

RCF

Awesome - thanks! Was told ours should be on the line next week - hope shipping it to TX is as quick!!!

Rick - that would be awesome to see it built start to finish! Would sure help with troubleshooting when you have a problem later, especially if you could take pic's to go back and reference! But being in manufacturing, I can see where this is not very desirable from the manufacturer's perspective - would surely slow down production.

MTPockets

Our 3055RL was ordered September 16 and was completed on October 14 ..... We took delivery October 31, but could have a few days earlier.

FordMan1966

When we ordered our 2013 Landmark it took about 8 weeks from the time the order was placed. It took about 2 to 3 weeks after it came off of the line to arrive at the dealer. I think alot depends on the Delivery Company. Ours came to Tennessee.

Awesome - thanks! Was told ours should be on the line next week - hope shipping it to TX is as quick!!!

Rick - that would be awesome to see it built start to finish! Would sure help with troubleshooting when you have a problem later, especially if you could take pic's to go back and reference! But being in manufacturing, I can see where this is not very desirable from the manufacturer's perspective - would surely slow down production.

danemayer

At the 2010 National Rally, there was a plant tour of the Bighorn/Landmark building, with units in each stage of production. Good opportunity to take pictures. They might not be exactly what you have, but are generally representative. You should think about coming to the June 2012 Rally - I'd guess there will be another opportunity. And if not, when in Elkhart, you can always call and get a weekday tour.

RCF

When we ordered our 2013 Landmark it took about 8 weeks from the time the order was placed. It took about 2 to 3 weeks after it came off of the line to arrive at the dealer. I think alot depends on the Delivery Company. Ours came to Tennessee.

Hmmmm, I think I'll be going nuts if it takes that long to get here . . . ;)

Dan, is that June rally in 2013?

danemayer

Thanks for correcting it to 2013. I guess the brain and fingers have to both be engaged at the same time.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Thanks for correcting it to 2013. I guess the brain and fingers have to both be engaged at the same time.

Got to make sure those gears mess correctly. Mine both have a few sprockets missing/worn.😄

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rick_debbie_gallant

It might slow it down, but I will bet there would not be many problems to fix.

"Why is there always enough time to do things over, but never enough time to do things right and proper the first time"

RCF

Well, I sure hope the folks at the Bighorn facility have had a great weekend!!! My 3585RL is supposed to be built this week . . . ;) :cool:

RCF

Well, dealer says the Bighorn is built and should be to them by the end of the week! :) Too bad it'll be a week or so before I can go get it . . . :(

RCF

Talked to the dealer today about picking up next Friday and staying at a local campground, then bringing it in on Monday morning to take care of anything we find over the weekend (kind of a 3+day PDI I guess), and they were ok with making me an appointment for that Monday so I wouldn't be caught in their current wait time. This dealer is about 4hrs away from me; otherwise, I'd just head out somewhere else for the weekend and then bring it back to 'em if needed.

Anyway, I thought that was pretty nice of them. So far they've been very good to work with - hoping that holds true for the rest of the transaction.