Tire and Wheel Upgrade

Zedd

OK I have finally decided that I am going to replace the stock 15 inch tires on our 2007 Cyclone at the start of the next season. I know what I am going to put on so my question is do I need to worry about the axels? I will be putting on a 16 inch wheel with a 14 ply tire.

Jim.Allison

To install the 16's will you be changing hubs?
OK I have finally decided that I am going to replace the stock 15 inch tires on our 2007 Cyclone at the start of the next season. I know what I am going to put on so my question is do I need to worry about the axels? I will be putting on a 16 inch wheel with a 14 ply tire.

Jim.Allison

Zedd I would not spend money on axles if your axles are adequate and your wheels will bolt up to your hubs. If you are concerned about the bigger and heavier wheel assembly being a problem for your axle, I don't think that it a concern. If you ahve some money to spend and you are looking for a worthwhile mod, install a disc brake system. That would be a substancial improvement and worthwhile. IMHO

porthole

Retired

One of the big changes in the Cyclones for either 2009 or 2010 was going to 16" wheels, which open up your choice of tires quite a bit. If you have to buy wheels, and the price is the same, look for 110 psi rated wheels.
Springs are a concern with all of the earlier Cyclones, so check them as well. Basically look to see that they still have an arc and are not flat.

Jim.Allison

Also look into HiSpec rims, and make sure your offset is correct. Improper offset can affect your "overhung load" and lead to premature bearing failure.

Zedd

Thanks for all of the good information. As usual I get good solid advice from the great folks on this forum!