Tire blowout

dgano1147

Well, after only 3000 miles on our 2015 edge 357, we had a blowout. It damaged the wheel well and skirting. Also, our slides on the opposite side will not go out. Looks like it may have pulled so wiring loose. Anyone ever had this happen?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Steve.Twoknee

Blowouts are a real drag and a potential real danger we all face. If you've never had one, you will. Blowouts are, in fact, the reason I now own my Mallard (M32). My last camper had three slides and was almost 3500 pounds heavier and we had 5, yes 5, blowouts the last year we had it. Torn skirts, damaged siding, torn under-layment; the only thing we didn't have was a slide out issue. That being said, I'm not surprised by that. Unfortunately you may need to use your dealer to get that fixed, might be worth investigating if roadside assistance could help (if you have it), or insurance.
Since my blowouts I've become somewhat of a tire freak. Always monitoring pressure and inspecting, I'm even looking into TPMS for any chance of an early warning. I've even changed my approach when finding RVers fixing flats by pulling over to help (as not even once did anyone stop to help me!).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HornedToad

I've even changed my approach when finding RVers fixing flats by pulling over to help (as not even once did anyone stop to help me!).

After having 5 blowouts in 3 years pulling TTs I started to carry a floor jack, four way and compressor. I've helped several trailers pulled over on the side of the road. The last guy I stopped for was trying to bust his lug nuts with a socket set.

Steve.Twoknee

After having 5 blowouts in 3 years pulling TTs I started to carry a floor jack, four way and compressor. I've helped several trailers pulled over on the side of the road. The last guy I stopped for was trying to bust his lug nuts with a socket set.

It is funny how when a blow out happens to you how it feels like you are the only one and no one is there to help (and help could be with the tire to simply having someone help calm emotions).
Speed ratings on trailer tires is probably something that isn't discussed much and should be!
Also, does anyone have any experience with any TPMS? Looking for some recommendations that might not break the bank!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
It is funny how when a blow out happens to you how it feels like you are the only one and no one is there to help (and help could be with the tire to simply having someone help calm emotions).
Speed ratings on trailer tires is probably something that isn't discussed much and should be!
Also, does anyone have any experience with any TPMS? Looking for some recommendations that might not break the bank!

If you hang around here long enough you'll find that this topic is covered quite often!

We've been lucky and have not had a blowout on any of the three trailers we've owned over the years (although we can't seem to stay away from axle issues :p ).

We did, however, discover one of our trailer tires tread separating on our way home from the Vegas Rally last month and had it swapped for the spare at a Big 'O' Tire in Richfield, Utah.

By the by . . . what brand of tire came on your Edge?