Tire blowouts

DKOTown

Had 3 blowouts on the way to the keys (from Orlando). Trailer not overloaded, tires were at 80 PSI, original Trailer King tires installed (with about 6000 miles on the trailer). No warning, no flat, no visible issues with tires (like bulging, cracks, etc…) before we left, again 80 PSI before we pulled out. EZ lube hubs and brakes always serviced IAW Owners Manual. Sent warranty claim to Tredittire.com - will see if they respond.

RickL

Have you ever weighed the trailer and weighed it side to side? if no one has mentioned you can’t go by the weights listed on the rig itself.

rhodies1

Not sure if you realize but Trailer King Tires are GARBAGE. They are the sister tire to the Blow Max crap that was being put on RVs for years. The real name was Tow Max but there was so many issues they got the name BlowMax.
I doubt it very much f you will receive any warranty money or replacement tires from Tredit.
Not sure what you replaced these tires with but if you purchased more Chinese junk ,then no doubt you will have more issues,

DKOTown

Not sure if you realize but Trailer King Tires are GARBAGE. They are the sister tire to the Blow Max crap that was being put on RVs for years. The real name was Tow Max but there was so many issues they got the name BlowMax.
I doubt it very much f you will receive any warranty money or replacement tires from Tredit.
Not sure what you replaced these tires with but if you purchased more Chinese junk ,then no doubt you will have more issues,
Thanks for the response. Four Goodyear Endurance tires installed now. Hopefully we will have better luck - two long trips soon to Hilton Head and toWisconsin. Still have two Road Max as spares. Will never leave home without two spares again.

thewanderingeight

I thought the issues with Trailer King tires were over hyped, but the ones that came with our rig lasted less than six month. Got extremely lucky and our tpms caught a slow leak as one of the tires started separating. I decided to upgrade all the tires from 12 to 14 ply and the guy at the tire shop showed me how all of the tires were starting to separate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYSUPstater

Any name brand tire is better than the Blow Max's. GY or Sailuns come to mind right out of the gate. When we had our Cedar Creek, I replaced them a couple times and last time was with a off brand made by a big brand. No problems w/ them. Have Sailuns on the BC now and despite that they still look like new and have the lil white piece of paper on them, need to replaced next year due to age (made in'17). Always covered w/ white tire covers while at home.

david-steph2018

Not side to side. Not sure how to do that driving across a CAT scale.
On a CAT scale, you can't weigh side to side. During the 2019 National Rally a company came in and weighed our rigs, they did wheel scales. That is about the best weighing you could do. This way, you get each wheel weight and know if one wheel is way overweight or if they are close to the same.
We are now on our second set of Sailuns, had these installed February 1st, in Tolleson, Az.

DKOTown

Any name brand tire is better than the Blow Max's. GY or Sailuns come to mind right out of the gate. When we had our Cedar Creek, I replaced them a couple times and last time was with a off brand made by a big brand. No problems w/ them. Have Sailuns on the BC now and despite that they still look like new and have the lil white piece of paper on them, need to replaced next year due to age (made in'17). Always covered w/ white tire covers while at home.
Thanks- I have white tires covers now and plan to start using any time we are parked more than a day.