tire buying on line

aatauses

Hello everyone,
It is getting time to buy tires for our BH 3670---I currently have GY 614, but looking at the Salium and have been quite impressed with reviews. My question is what is your experience buying from on line from places like simple tire or tredit tire--what has been the mfg date when the tires arrive (do not want tires that have been on the shelf for a year)---what process did you use to get them installed?
Also--I have read about edge wear (both inside and outside) and I do have that on my G614's, but also have one tire that the edge wear is considerably more than the others ( almost down to the wear indicators)---alignment issue???--tires have about 22,000 miles on them and 4 years old.
thanks
al

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Most shops won't want to install tires for you that you didn't buy from them. I would make sure you have a shop lined up to mount them before you buy them.
Myself I'd pay a little more and get them from my tire dealer (In my case Les Schwab) they will back them up do free flat repair and free rotation when needed.
My shop take really good care of me and I don't mind paying a little extra for that service and piece of mind.

Jerrod

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

rschroe8

Just purchased 5 Maxxim from Amazon/Real Deal tire this week ,great price ,no taxes period, no shipping charge , no problem getting them installed on 5th wheel. Ship direct to your house by federal express. Install was $10.00 per tire including medal valve stems. Happy Camper Towmax /blowmax off the unit..

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Just purchased 5 Maxxim from Amazon/Real Deal tire this week ,great price ,no taxes period, no shipping charge , no problem getting them installed on 5th wheel. Ship direct to your house by federal express. Install was $10.00 per tire including medal valve stems. Happy Camper Towmax /blowmax off the unit..

Did you get them balanced?

rxbristol

I've bought two sets of RV tires from Trailer Tires and Wheels and their service is outstanding. I did buy upgraded wheels, so the tires were mounted and balanced on the new wheels. They were delivered to the local FEDX shop where I picked them up and installed them on the rig myself.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I have been buying my tires for both the truck and trailer from Discount Tire, mainly for their road hazard warranty. Have a blowout, no questions asked, just replace it. I had a blowout of the trailer (G-614) and it cost me $38.

JohnD

I've bought two sets of RV tires from Trailer Tires and Wheels and their service is outstanding. I did buy upgraded wheels, so the tires were mounted and balanced on the new wheels. They were delivered to the local FEDEX shop where I picked them up and installed them on the rig myself.

Hey Rex . . . it was nice meeting you both last Saturday in Ft. Collins!

Hopefully will see you again down the road sometime!

Aandaar

I use simple tire all the time. I have the tires shipped to my local PepBoys and have them do the mounting and balancing. I currently run Sailuns on 5th and truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avvidclif

I ordered from simpletire on a Mon and Wed they were delivered. My local Ford dealers tire center had no problem with mounting them for me. Took longer to get the metal valve stems I wanted.

At the Ford dealer getting them installed. They loved the way I jacked it up.

Attachments

• IMG_0513[1].jpg
    IMG_0513[1].jpg
    84 KB · Views: 36

JohnD

Someone at an HOC Rally we were at last month had the tires on one side completely off the ground when they used the 6-point levelers to level the trailer.

When the trailer was put back on the ground they discovered that the equilizer hangers had flipped from the weight of the tires.

avvidclif

cool

How do you manually lower the middle legs?

You don't, they are tied to the rear. I just raised the front and back until the tires just cleared the ground, not high enough to flip. Even though at the time I wasn't aware of the hangers flipping. Blind hog luck.