Tire Pressure Monitoring System

Pat McFall

Don't forget about the Doran TPMS. We have it and love ours. It has saved us a number of times. Doran was the original designer of the Pressure Pro, then sold the Pressure Pro and came out with another system. FYI The Doran and PP are similar systems but the Doran is several dollars less.

I am sorry, Jim, but I will have to respectfully disagree with you. Doran was not the original manufacturer of PressurePro. Advantage PressurePro in Harrisonville, MO is the designer and manufacturer of PressurePro. For information and background, please check their website: Advantage PressurePro .

Doran was a Distributor for PressurePro and decided a couple of years ago to part company with PressurePro and go out on their own. The new Doran RV 360 system is actually a few dollars more than the PressurePro and is manufactured in China.

Safe Travels.............Pat

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
This statement, taken from Doran's own website, would appear to backup Pat's statement...especially since Advantage Pressure Pro developed the TPMS in 1992...

"Doran extended the company’s transportation safety product offering in the early 2000’s with the addition of tire pressure monitoring systems for the RV and truck markets. Doran’s efforts propelled the company to earn the “Nifty 50: The Best 50 New Products of the Year” award presented by Heavy Duty Trucking magazine in December, 2004. The company established itself as a leader in tire pressure monitoring systems for the markets they serve."

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I stand corrected. I was basing my info on the information I got from the sales person when I bought my Doran system. Either I misunderstood what he said or he gave me incorrect information. Either way when I purchased my Doran system it was $20.00 less than the Pressure Pro. Also I was able to set the base pressure with the Doran system and was not with the Pressure Pro. Pat - I am not trying to cut into your business as the Pressure Pro is a great system. I was merely trying to point out there are other systems similar to PP out there. If I had it to do over I would either go with PP or Doran and pass on all others. I have had good results with the Doran but I know you guys give great service after the sale on the PP.

Pat McFall

I stand corrected. I was basing my info on the information I got from the sales person when I bought my Doran system. Either I misunderstood what he said or he gave me incorrect information. Either way when I purchased my Doran system it was $20.00 less than the Pressure Pro. Also I was able to set the base pressure with the Doran system and was not with the Pressure Pro. Pat - I am not trying to cut into your business as the Pressure Pro is a great system. I was merely trying to point out there are other systems similar to PP out there. If I had it to do over I would either go with PP or Doran and pass on all others. I have had good results with the Doran but I know you guys give great service after the sale on the PP.

No problem, Jim. We have lots of competitors out there and I just didn't want any "incorrect" info on the Heartland forum. We have lots of loyal customers here and I don't want them to get any wrong information. Thanks for the kind words. We do try to give good customer service and it's not that hard working with PressurePro. PressurePro has been around a long time and have a great product.

Safe Travels, Pat

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I also have the Doran Pressure Pro. I purchased it through a person called Phil. The system was recommended to me by a friend. After a while I tried to contact Phil at Doran but he was no longer working there. I then went to Advantage Pressure Pro and worked with Doug McMeen who treated me very well. He honored my purchase of the system. http://www.advantagepressurepro.com/ I get an email from Vanessa every year showing the entire family and employees.

Now over time I have been in contact with Pat McFall who has been very helpful with my requests. Now Pat does not send me a Christmas Email but that is ok.. I will stick with them anyway. :D

I have had my system since 2006 and would not travel with out it.

BC

wazz_zup

You say if the temperature rises 24% above the set pressure. Did you mean if the pressure rises 24% over the set pressure?....thanks for all the help Pat! Sorry about all the questions....I'm just stingy with my $$$$.

I seem to get lost in the shuffle...Pat, did you get a chance to determine if it was the pressure rise vs temp rise?

Pat McFall

You say if the temperature rises 24% above the set pressure. Did you mean if the pressure rises 24% over the set pressure?....thanks for all the help Pat! Sorry about all the questions....I'm just stingy with my $$$$.

Sorry, Rich. I guess what I was trying to say is if the tire gets HOT because of a dragging brake, wheel bearing problem, etc., the pressure in the tire will rise...setting off the "high" pressure alarm. The High pressure alarm comes set from the factory at 24% but it can be set at the level you desire from 10% to 45% over the set pressure. Hope that answers your question. I don't blame you for being stingy with your $$$$, so am I... that's why I like to have the BEST PRODUCT AND THE BEST SERVICE...even if it is a few dollars more.

Let me know if you have more questions....I love it. :) I'll try to answer them to the best of my ability! If I can't answer them, I'll find somebody that can. There's a copy of the Installation Manual and FAQ's on our PressurePro website that will answer a lot of your questions.

Safe Travels, Pat

wazz_zup

Thanks Pat. Yes that answers the question about the temperature rise.
I got a response back from TST and the system is made in China...as you said, but designed in America. Seems like alot of stuff is outsourced. Heck my truck was built in Mexico. It's a well designed TPM system though. Still weighing the choices.
Thanks again for all your help.

Rich

Dutch & Di

Just remember when it comes to TPMS, for the most part you get what you pay for. Cheap price, cheap product.

I respectively disagree with your statement. I think Pressure Pro is a fine product but as with any product on the market, paying the highest price doesn't guarantee you will get the best product just as purchasing a product at a lower price means you have a bad product. You can find a quality product at a reasonable price. Diana

bowser66

I have a question regarding these systems. Most indicate that the sensors are good from a range of 4 to 7 years. So at the end of this period do you have to buy a whole new system or new sensors? Even if you just have to buy new sensors this would be costly if you had 10 sensors. Any info regarding this issue would be appreciated as I think these monitors are a good idea and I am in the market.

Pat McFall

I have a question regarding these systems. Most indicate that the sensors are good from a range of 4 to 7 years. So at the end of this period do you have to buy a whole new system or new sensors? Even if you just have to buy new sensors this would be costly if you had 10 sensors. Any info regarding this issue would be appreciated as I think these monitors are a good idea and I am in the market.

bowser66....We have been using our PressurePro system for over 5 years. We leave them on our rig 24/7 and the Sensor batteries are still going strong. They are projected to last 5-7 years. When the batteries start losing power, you will get a "low sensor battery alert" on your Monitor. You can return the Sensor to PressurePro for replacement. The cost of a new (not refurbished) "replacement" Sensor will be less than the cost of a new Sensor. You do not need to replace the Monitor...the new Sensors will work with any of the older model Monitors. Most electronic devices.... computers, phones, etc.... have to be replaced after a few years.

The price of a PressurePro System is cheap compared to the damage you can receive from a blowout on your RV. It is a great safety device and the peace of mind you get driving down the road knowing your tires are OK is well worth the cost.

If I can answer any questions, please let me know.

Safe Travels,

Pat

TXBobcat

Fulltime
The sensors don't go bad. The batteries are depleated. From what I remember to replace a unit you pay $25 for each sensor. I have had some minor problems. Gasket goes bad and it won't hold air. One just stopped working. Both replaced at no charge and all have worked for about 3+ years. I bought them early 2006.

I will not roll without a set working on my trailer and I do have an extra in the glove box.

FWIW.
BC