Tire recommendations

We have purchased a used 2011 North Country 26SRL. What tires are recommended for this trailer dry weight 6633. Tire label on trailer calls for ST225/75R15 at 65 psi. Is there a load rating recommendation? I don't have the trailer yet but I know one tire that I took a photo of is a Goodyear Marathon load range D. I think the other three tires are different but I don't know what they are. Thanks. Getting ready for our first trip ever to the RV scene.

ksucats

Just from what I've read on the forums - a lot of posts on the marathons - you might search for some of them. A lot of people recommending the Saliuns (I believe that is the correct spelling). Chinese made but lots of good comments on them. Search for them as well. Whatever you end up with be sure to get them balanced and keep the tire pressure up.

RickL

If the tag on the trailer is asking for 65 PSI then that is a LR D tire. You can’t go wrong with Goodyear however the cost will be higher then other brands. Just for transparency I’m a retiree of Goodyear so there is some bias, however if there is a better tire for certain applications I have no problem going against the grain when it comes to recommendations.

Keep in mind that one of the reasons the major tire companies costs are higher is that spend a great deal of cash on R&D. There are very few Chinese tire companies that do R&D. Basically they manufacture knock offs of the larger players. Meaning you don’t get the same tire compounding or materials used in the manufacturing process compared to the major manufacturers. Again to be fair some of these manufacturers are given the processes by the majors to build thier tires so once they have that info they utilize it or share it. Goodyear had moved most of thier production of trailer tires over to China a number of years ago, but since then have moved production back to the states.

mlpeloquin

Goodyear now makes the Endurance trailer tire. I have a friend that purchased a new aluminum streamlined trailer. We all know the famous brand. They put them on as their OEM. He loves them. They have your tire size in both load range D and E. Have not heard or seen anything negative about them. They are rated for 87mph. They provide a load inflation table as well.

https://www.goodyearrvtires.com/tire-selector.aspx

DirtyMax88

We have purchased a used 2011 North Country 26SRL. What tires are recommended for this trailer dry weight 6633. Tire label on trailer calls for ST225/75R15 at 65 psi. Is there a load rating recommendation? I don't have the trailer yet but I know one tire that I took a photo of is a Goodyear Marathon load range D. I think the other three tires are different but I don't know what they are. Thanks. Getting ready for our first trip ever to the RV scene.

Goodyear, Maxxis, or Sailuns all are great tires. The GY Marathons were replaced by the GY Endurance as a previous poster mentioned. We put the GY Endurance on our 7k tandem axle cargo trailer, and they have been great so far. Seems like the Sailuns are the best bang for your buck. I'd say at least 50% (or more) of the people on this forum are running or have switched to the Sailun tire, and are very pleased.