Tire rotation on Tri-Axle Cyclone

AnnaIvanZ

I replaced the TowMax tires with Goodyears last spring. Axles were realigned by the dealer with the motorcycles in the garage portion last spring when the tires were replaced. The bearings will be repacked this spring. Since the wheels will be off do any of you rotate the tires? If so, what is the rotation you use? I've looked at some other sites and some rotate from front to middle to back then the back one to the front., and others do from back to middle to front with the front one going to the back.

What are the feelings of those of you out there on this matter?

Thanks.

Ivan Zettle

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob.jr

I would put the left on the right and the right on the left.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

danemayer

I might be wrong, but I thought tire rotation was related to the greater wear on the steering tires. We don't have steering tires on RVs.

On edit: the Heartland Trailer Manual has 8 pages discussing tires. In the 8 pages, there is one line that says to rotate tires every 5,000 miles. No info on rotation pattern.

Jv75353

I might be wrong, but I thought tire rotation was related to the greater wear on the steering tires. We don't have steering tires on RVs.

On edit: the Heartland Trailer Manual has 8 pages discussing tires. In the 8 pages, there is one line that says to rotate tires every 5,000 miles. No info on rotation pattern.
The tires do not steer, but on a triple axle setup the tires on the front and rear axles do see more side load and skidding when turning and conducting tight maneuvers. Granted the amount of time that this occurs over is rather short when compared to towing on down the road it can still effect the tires. Depending on how the toyhauler is loaded it can change the loading on each axle and also the side to side loading. We rotate the tires by shifting the tires axle to axle from rear to front and switching them side to side.

porthole

Retired
I don't rotate my tires, but 'IF' I was to, I would rotate the front and rear axles as front to back, left to right and the center axle left to right.

Jim-Lynn

You can all take this for what it is worth. Coming from my tire supplier - never switch sides - front tire to back, back tire to middle and middle to front.

Jim