Tire wear

NWTFHunter

Past Missouri Chapter Leaders
Was checking over the Bighorn before heading to Florida and noticed one of my tires is showing wear on the inside edge of the tread. No other tire is showing wear. The tires are Goodyear G614 with 18,000 miles on them. Was wondering if this might be due to an axle or suspension issue. Any thoughts?

GOTTOYS

Axle is probably slightly bent. Could be from a pothole or curb. Very easy to fix without having to buy a new axle. Bring it to a big truck/trailer suspension/alignment shop. They can check it and align it for you. The cost should be under $200.00. Don't waste your time at an RV dealer, they don't have the proper equipment for this...Don

happykraut

Totally agree with Don. On my 2007 SOB 5er I had a bent axle. Took it to my dealer and they replaced the axle. 2 or 3 years later that axle was bent and I took it to a big truck shop. They sent it out to another shop to have the axle bent back to specs. The truck shop bought a larger machine so they could bend their own axles. In 2011 in Alaska that axle got bent. Before leaving for Alaska I traded it in on a 2012 BC which we picked up on the way home from Alaska. Now my 2014 BH has IS and that should eliminate any axle problems. I'm sure I hit some potholes along the way over the years, but I NEVER hit a curb.