Tireminder for Smart Phone

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Just a thought and not sure I am thinking it correctly....if you set your high as a false inflated high wouldn't that set off your low alarm way above the normal threshold for the lower setting...so on cooler days you would constantly have a low alarm unless you calibrate the program every day base on your travel pattern....just a thought...

Aandaar

So based on the 15% under base alarm. Even at 120 base that would put the alarm going off at 102psi. Basically 8 psi under the 110 cold pressure so I think it will be good.

Will have to see how it goes. It would have been nice if the app would allow us to just set it instead of using these percentages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chuck, Victoria, and Miss Callie

Doublegranch

My thoughts were based on the impression the low was set at 10% and high 20% from the tire pressure you input...is this not correct?

Aandaar

Based on what I am reading it is 15% below whatever your baseline is set to. See item 3 below. Am I misinterpreting what it says?
3d0e84f89cf4f332cd92eb5085bdd00d.jpg

Doublegranch

You are correct, I think my TPMS by TST is suggested at 10 & 20% and that is where I probably got that info, however you can set the alerts to different criteria as well. Give us a good run down when you are on the road....Safe Travels....

Aandaar

Set up the Smart Phone system last night. It was very straight forward and instructions were easy to follow.

My base is set to 110psi to start out. Will see how that works out.

We leave on Thursday for AZ.

Aandaar

So we left Thursday night and everything was working great. Then about 10pm just outside Blythe CA. One of the sensors stopped reporting to the app on my phone.

Gave me a scare at first because I thought something was wrong. But no indication of a blowout so got off road as soon as it was safe to pull over.

Checked all tires and they where fine. But the system would not reset. In fact I could not even get the blue tooth adapter to turn off.

So no more TireMinder for the rest of the night. Went the rest of the way to Blythe and pulled into the Riviera RV Resort.

So got up in the morning and the darn thing would still not turn off or do anything.

So I called Minder Research customers service and spoke with a very nice guy called Malard. I explained what was going on and talked with their tech. So in the end they are sending me a new Bluetooth unit in the mail. Will be shipped to or next stop in Idaho.

When the system worked it worked well. But I am disappointed the it failed. Minder customer service was excellent.

Will post more after I get the replacement.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Thanks for that info. Hope it's just a isolated incident and the new one will do a better job.
Make sure you give us the next update.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Aandaar

New Bluetooth adapter came in the mailbox today. Will be reprogramming tomorrow and then back on the road Monday. Next update Monday evening.

Aandaar

All programed and ready for the 1000 mile trip home tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Aandaar

11 hour run today with no incidents. Working great. Average tire pressure was 125, temp was about 90 to 95.

Aandaar

So we completed our return trip. 1100 miles on that leg. With the new Bluetooth adapter it worked like a champ. So I suspect that I just got a bad adapter the first.

The app on the phone works well and was easy to read. I liked not having to have a another monitor on the dash.

The only downside to it is you must keep your phone plugged into a charger. Without it the system will suck your battery dry in a couple of hours.

All in all if you don't already have a system I do recommend it.

Aandaar

UPDATE

Got an email from Minder Research the other day. They asked how the system was doing since they replaced the Bluetooth adapter.

Told them that after about 3K in miles I have had 4 false alarms and the sensors where having anywhere from 3 to 10% error in observed pressure.

They are sending out some stuff and I have been asked to assist in onsite testing.

Gotta love a company that wants feedback from real world users. Will post more later.

Locash

Any any updates after testing new parts? Thinking about getting this system.

UPDATE

Got an email from Minder Research the other day. They asked how the system was doing since they replaced the Bluetooth adapter.

Told them that after about 3K in miles I have had 4 false alarms and the sensors where having anywhere from 3 to 10% error in observed pressure.

They are sending out some stuff and I have been asked to assist in onsite testing.

Gotta love a company that wants feedback from real world users. Will post more later.

Aandaar

Sorry for not posting again.

Here is my final post and recommendations.

After about 7 additional trips of different distances and a firmware update I can now say this product is worth the money.

If you don't want to have an additional matter monitor in the cab then this is the product for you.