Tires filled with something?

Tinwindow3

So I found this very odd but my 2022 traveler somehow had the entire brake system on one wheel blow apart, i’m so glad the truck was able to detect that. It looks like it was happening for a while because there was actually a flat spot in the tire where this occurred, I assume for a dragging for such a long period of time. Because of this, I of course, unmounted the tire to replace it and found the tire was full of what appears to be fixed a flat however the tire was holding air (I know I know that’s the purpose of fix a flat lol) I thought this to be odd but initially didn’t really think much about it, I was balancing the rest of the tires and noticed they were hard to balance. For the heck of it, I unmounted another tire and found it full of fix a flat or some other substance and again. I did not unmount the fourth. I just find this very odd as the tires are in very good shape Trail King. It’s a 2022 and haven’t had it out this year and there’s no signs of air leak or puncture, I know this sounds really odd but is Heartland known for heartland to fill their tires with something, I feel completely stupid even asking this, but I really can’t explain it. I also attached some pictures of my brake issue more just to see what happened in case a Dexter component failed for somebody else. Not really in relation to the tire. I initially thought it was as that was the first one I had mounted, but then when I found it twice more that’s what made me curious . I’m glad I am mechanically able to fix it and that’s why I’m even more embarrassed to post this question, but all of my years of experience in both cars and working with RVs I have never seen anything like this with the substance inside the tire .
Thanks all

Attachments

• IMG_8921.jpeg
    IMG_8921.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8925.jpeg
    IMG_8925.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_8922.jpeg
    IMG_8922.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_8919.jpeg
    IMG_8919.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8917.jpeg
    IMG_8917.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:

rhodies1

In reading your issue. You state you have Trailer King tires on your unit. Get those pieces of Chinese junk off ASSP. They are absolutely the worst tires on the industry. You may have had a brake issue but I can tell you that you are riding on bombs.
Everyone in the RV industry will agree with my comments . Garbage… I would not even put them on a wheel barrow.
When these puppies blow apart they will destroy your trailer wheel well, wiring, and the side of your unit.

jnbhobe

Sounds like someone put Slime in the tires { is it green ) and hoped it would seal a tire if it got a nail in it. As for the brakes that looks like someone tried to pack the bearings with the Zerk fitting on the axel. ( a no no )

wdk450

I have heard of tire balancing fluid (not beads) that might fit your description and problems with tire balance.

Do a websearch to see some of these products.

taskswap

Not to keep harping on Trail King... but they SUCK.

We've shredded the plastic fender skirts on both sides of our Milestone due to blowouts from them, and they were properly inflated, barely 2 years old, and barely 5k miles on them. Maybe 6 trips total - most of the mileage was the trip home from the dealer.

jayc

Legendary Member
It is possible that the transporter may have had a flat, so instead of getting it fixed, he filled the tire with Fix A Flat and delivered the trailer to the dealer without reporting it. Heartland or the dealer would have repaired or replaced the tire.