Tires for Cyclone 4200

Tree14

Hello all

My husband and I need help. We have Goodyear Endurance tires on our 2016 Cyclone. They have less than 8000 miles on them and our RV repair shop, where we bought it says we need new ones ALREADY. What tires is everyone using one their 42+ foot toy hauler?

SOS help

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

danemayer

If your rims are rated for 110 psi or 3750 lbs (stamped on the surface - crawl under to see), you can get Sailun S637 tires.

But why at 8,000 miles do your tires need replacement? If uneven wear, that's probably caused by axle or suspension problem and new tires will do the same thing. If tread is worn out but evenly worn out, you should contact Goodyear customer service as that's excessive wear and an indication of a tire defect. Maybe they'll help.

SNOKING

Hello all

My husband and I need help. We have Goodyear Endurance tires on our 2016 Cyclone. They have less than 8000 miles on them and our RV repair shop, where we bought it says we need new ones ALREADY. What tires is everyone using one their 42+ foot toy hauler?

SOS help

How many 32nds of tread are left. New they only have 8/32nds.

"[h=2]Tire Tread
[/h]The tread on your trailer’s tires provide the gripping action and traction needed to keep your trailer from slipping and sliding on the road, driveways, and more. Look at tire treads for signs of uneven wear patterns. As a general rule of thumb, your tires should be replaced when the tread is worn down to 2/32 of an inch.
Tires do have built-in tread wear indicators to help you realize when it is time to replace them. The indicators are the raised sections with intermittent spacing in the bottom of the tread grooves. When these indicators appear even with the outside of the tread, it’s time to replace your trailer’s tires. You can also check this by placing a penny in the tread depth with Lincoln’s head upside down and facing you. If you can see the top of his head, you need to buy new tires. Remember to include your trailer’s spare tire in your regular inspections!"

Sowie

You have a three axle trailer which puts a lot of strain when turning on the two outside axles. I rotated mine at about 5000 miles by moving the tire closest to the front all the way to the rear axle. Middle Tire to front and rear tire to middle axle. I still have the factory Salium tires with close to 8000 miles on them. They seem to have plenty of tread left. Try to do your tight turning really slow to minimize stress on axles and tire. You can see the tire sidewalls flex in tight turns.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jmarnell

We also have the factory installed Sailun tires on our Cyclone and they are holding up very well. About 7,500 miles on them. Had a Mobile RV service out for a minor repair earlier this month and he commented on how good the tires look.

Tree14

Update. The RV dealer said he felt utvwas time for new ones and sent this picture. We have approximately 5000 miles on them. The originals failed at less than 5000 miles, two blew up. We always monitor pressures and installed TPM.
Axle alignment? Suspension issues? A Lemon from LIPPERT? We are having slide replaced now our RV dealer has had it since June 5. It is a 2016 !
da2ff6f170bf52ae96b559e48930c91f.jpg

danemayer

Update. The RV dealer said he felt utvwas time for new ones and sent this picture. We have approximately 5000 miles on them. The originals failed at less than 5000 miles, two blew up. We always monitor pressures and installed TPM.
Axle alignment? Suspension issues? A Lemon from LIPPERT? We are having slide replaced now our RV dealer has had it since June 5. It is a 2016 !

It's a bit hard to tell precisely, but it looks to me like there may be a raised area. This could be a tire manufacturing defect.
gy endurance notated.jpg
What pressure are you inflating the tires to while cold?

Tree14

80 PSI cold. Collier RV owner told us we need all new

carl.swoyer

80 PSI cold. Collier RV owner told us we need all new

I had Firestone tires do that. I think it's called chipping or pealing. MFG defective and Firestone replacement was prorated.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

danemayer

If the other tires look normal and are not showing significant wear, you could call GY and ask for a free replacement with no pro-rating of cost.

Or file a NHTSA complaint, offering the tire for inspection. Maybe there's a defect that will trigger a recall and you'll get a whole set at no charge.

If you go with NHTSA, maybe you just buy 1 tire now.

Probably need to take a very close look at all the tires for uneven wear.

SNOKING

Looks like road hazard damage to me. However more pictures at different angles would help. Almost looks like the outer rib is worn more than the other ribs. If not then I think maybe you hit an object on the road.

Things happen. Attached is a 8 month old Endurance tire that picked up a large bolt. GY paid for 1/2 of the cost of a new tire as a courtesy. Chris

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190314_154006.jpg
    MVIMG_20190314_154006.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 31
  • MVIMG_20190314_132147.jpg
    MVIMG_20190314_132147.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 32

Sowie

Just an observation but those don’t look like G rated tires. My Sailun’s S637
3fc2fe9fd58a156265982bf917a0b9eb.jpg
are much thicker in the tread area and look like a semi truck tire. They are a 14 ply tire rated at 4400lbs at 110psi. The GY Endurance when I look them up say load range E and max 3360lbs at 80psi. If that is what you have on your rig they are way to light of a tire for an almost 20,000lb rig.

SNOKING

are much thicker in the tread area and look like a semi truck tire. They are a 14 ply tire rated at 4400lbs at 110psi. The GY Endurance when I look them up say load range E and max 3360lbs at 80psi. If that is what you have on your rig they are way to light of a tire for an almost 20,000lb rig.

OP stated that they were GY Endurance tires inflated to 80 psi AKA LRE tires.

avvidclif

Uh, 3 axles = 6 tires rated at 3660 each. Figures out to 21k worth of axles and 21,960 worth of tires.

RickL

In my opinion it looks like it had a tread lift in that area. At first glance one could say a road hazard, but with the cords showing like they do it appears that the tire didn’t cure there possibly a foreign body was dropped on the the “green” tire prior to the tread being applied.

I would seek out a company owned owned store as while their training is not once it used to be, a independent dealer unless very, very good (and at that point more then likely an ex-pat of Goodyear) usually will say no warranty consideration as they don’t want to hassle with the warranty process, at least a company owned may offer consideration or make the call to corporate while your are standing there.

Tree14

What pressure are your tires at cold? Do you have a 4200 Cyclone? Will your factory wheels handle this pressure?

SNOKING

Uh, 3 axles = 6 tires rated at 3660 each. Figures out to 21k worth of axles and 21,960 worth of tires.

2016 Cyclone 4200 specs:
Dry Weight 15,725 lbs,
Payload Capacity 4227 lbs,
GVWR 20,000 lbs,
Hitch Weight 3525

Maybe I missed it, as to which size Endurance the OP has.

GY has three 16" LRE Endurance tires:
ST235/80R16E rated at 3420 x 6 =20,520
ST235/85R16E rated at 3640 x 6 =21,840
ST255/85R16E rated at 4080 x 6 =24,480

What were the original tires? Are the Endurance replacements for the OEM tires?

I agree that Sailun tires are good, that is what came on our 2017 BH3575el.

Chris

Sowie

Go back and read some of the old posts about the oem Towmax tires that have almost the exact same specs as the Gy endurance. They would blow on the way home from the dealer. Heartland wisely upgraded to the sailun in 2016 which is a much heavier duty tire.

I had a typo the gy are rated at 3640lbs ea. Why put tires on that have only a 306lb margin. With heat,wear and age that safety margin would be even less.

Get a heavier duty tire. I have had no problems with these. Keep them inflated to 110psi which is max rating for the Sailun.