Tires for My 2010 Bighorn 3055 RL

jimtoo

Hi DAVEH,

Welcome to the posting side of the Heartland Owners Forum.

Yes, you will have clearance for the LT235/85R16 tires. That is what I put on my 3055 which was an 08 model and never had a problem.

Jim M

DAVEH

Thanks for the help! I contacted Heartland and they were of no help the following was there reply: I can only recommend installing the size of tire that the unit came with and that information is located near the Vin tag on the RV. If you have clearance questions on aftermarket tires then I would recommend speaking to your local tire shop and they should be able to determine if the tires will have enough clearance.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Heartlands statement is a CYA. Keeps them from being sued if something goes wrong with "their" advise.

osims

bsims
When we had our 3055 I had Michelin XPS ribbed tires, in my opinion they are a great tire for that weight trailer.

Jim.Allison

I would do it in a heartbeat.......

However your OEM rims are 6 inches wide and the LTs call for 7 inch. Although this is not a problem for me, it may be a problem for others.

The way around it is to sell you current rim and tire assemblies on craigslist and get new rims. You can walk away from the whole Towmax and ST tire problem forever, for about $700 net out of pocket.

I sold my Towmax tire and rim assemblies for $800.

jnbhobe

235/85/16 call for a 6-7 1/2 inch wheel 265/75/16 call for a 7-8 inch wheel. I use the 265's on 6 inch wheels all the time with no problems at all.

Jim.Allison

235/85/16 call for a 6-7 1/2 inch wheel 265/75/16 call for a 7-8 inch wheel. I use the 265's on 6 inch wheels all the time with no problems at all.

But of course you could fix the whole problem, once and for all, no fitment problems, forever, for no extra out of pocket. Rather than mount a 7 inch tire on a 6 inch rim. Do the math and you will find out that it is cheaper to correct the problem expertly, if you are willing to sell your current rim assemblies.

Gaffer

We had a 2010 3055 and used Maxxis. Great tire for the weight of that trailer. Get them at Discount Tire stores then sell the Towmax on Craig's List. I got $200 for the set. Lots of utility trailers out there needing tires.

DAVEH

I would do it in a heartbeat.......

However your OEM rims are 6 inches wide and the LTs call for 7 inch. Although this is not a problem for me, it may be a problem for others.

The way around it is to sell you current rim and tire assemblies on craigslist and get new rims. You can walk away from the whole Towmax and ST tire problem forever, for about $700 net out of pocket.

I sold my Towmax tire and rim assemblies for $800.

Just checked and Firestone Transforce HT LT235/85R16 will fit 6" to 7.5" rims